• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuji GFX Camera Bon anniversaire Asher! - From the heart of a peony

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
A tribute to my oldest friend here, Asher est un grand monsieur…

This is peony, growing on aour terrace is the grand daughter of the one I shot for my exhibition "Un peu de rouge, pourtant".

I shot it his morning with a thought for my friend leaving in America.

This is one of the very first shot with my new gear, Fuji GFX 100S and a 50 mm (and extension tube), handheld (what a superb camera!).

_NCF2624_2000px.jpg

Attachments

• _NCF2624_2000px.jpg
    _NCF2624_2000px.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 122

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks so much you guys. It’s fabulous to enter the 9th decade of life and still get a thrill at your individual art as if it’s a new collection in a museum with invited guests!

last night my wonderful wife took me to dine at a fabulous Greek restaurant and we were seated indoors, with wide separation of tables.

Hopefully, the two cards, (I gave to the incredible creatures with lovely eyes above their black mask), will lead to opening my photography studio!

I am trying to complete a movie of my planned sculpture garden overlooking the Pacific Ocean, adjacent to my first installation at Long Beach, “Puff of Wind”!

Asher

Asher Kelman

It's a real honor to be your friend for so many years now!
It’s my privilege to be amongst such independant talented extraordinary people of worth.

Each image you post provides me fuel and encouragement to make new goals that would have been far too outrageous for me to consider if I felt alone and isolated!l

.....lest I become too realistic of my own obvious limitations in importance!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Congratulations Asher ! (y) :)

The other day I was telling you how much I admire your vitaly and creativity ! Incredible !
What is your secret ? :unsure:

Cheers ! (y)

i-6JPQR5v-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Congratulations Asher ! (y) :)

The other day I was telling you how much I admire your vitaly and creativity ! Incredible !
What is your secret ? :unsure:

Cheers ! (y)

i-6JPQR5v-X3.jpg
Antonio,

You yourself and others here, have already found a path, a treasured life companion and forged a path to success.

But for the record, (and others still early in life’s journey), our common life experience that regularly seem to work for us, can be shared.

I will try to answer honestly. I think we each get scattered gifts of opportunity and disasters in our path in life. If one stays down when a fall occurs, (as it will, again and again), one is doomed to failure. So one must have a goal and somehow find and stay upright, on a path or make one’s own! But that uses up limited resources!

So it’s great to be able to conserve energy by learnimg from others and have companions, every so often, there to warn us about what to pick up and what to discard.

Then, what if we follow false markings that look like paths? We need to discover new signposts. Here the support of loved ones is again so important.

But if one has won arguments against companions every month of the year, who is left to turn to? That’s why helping and never humiliating others is actually such a personal investment. An open hand gets back unexpected resources when one has used up opportunities, with or without cause. People will sense that although one has screwed up, we are worthy of a new start! Humans happen to like to assist others on their an amazing ventures that go far beyond the horizon.

Friends give us resilience for the certain failures that we will have! They give us confidence, when we set goals that would otherwise seem far to unrealistic.

There’s something in human nature where friends can recognize a desperate bet or seemingly crazy personal challenge as actually worthy of support far beyond, (our usual transactional), reasoning!

Having any lifelong friends, partners or spouse also allows each of our guides to know us so as each to personally focus better on where we are and where we should be going to keep on track. That continued “error-correctional” support can, if we do, indeed manage stay focussed, allow us to succeed.

So, finally what is actually an odd collection of improbable chance, insufficient skill, experience and drive, bypasses apparent boundaries and we reach our goals.

So first recognize your dream and export that to a goal. There’s no where to go, without that! Be prepared to get up, no matter what, when you fall. Invest in long term friendships, unjustified generosity and love, and a variety of skills. These are your tools for success.

Most importantly distinguish between truth and delusion. That, to avoid distractions as you keep going forward.

Then you are ready when chance brings the doors, that the wind opens!

Now stride though, as if if we earned our right to excel!

Asher