• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Buildings

Tom dinning

Registrant*
FC176A2D-F910-4F17-82D2-82C891F4D138.jpeg

547B07C2-3E5A-4F46-BA29-49077B5C8181.jpeg

599CB938-454F-4FB9-8E89-EBB72118EFE6.jpeg

Such buildings are designed to hold as many people as possible for short periods of time each day. They have a lifetime of about 50 years.
I imagine they have a hefty carbon footprint with little real productivity. The people inside are employed to make money and to move money.
It’s what we call Business.
These buildings are in the Business District.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love them

......as photographs!

But I must argue that have the offices stacked vertically is a better use of space than converting miles of chaparral or forest to single story buildings!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I love them

......as photographs!

But I must argue that have the offices stacked vertically is a better use of space than converting miles of chaparral or forest to single story buildings!

Asher

Most days I don’t see the point of these buildings. Most of their work can now be done anywhere. They could sit in a park with the pigeons and do their transactions. Or stay at home.

Seems like a conspiracy by the suit makers to make money.

Asher Kelman

Most days I don’t see the point of these buildings. Most of their work can now be done anywhere. They could sit in a park with the pigeons and do their transactions. Or stay at home.

Seems like a conspiracy by the suit makers to make money.
Would you really want 2,000 people in the park, blocking the view of the ducks in the Lily pond and scaring the old ladies walking their groomed poodles?

Imagine, they are using the grass as a litter basket and the miniature golf course is covered with folk on cell phones talking into the air!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Consider those buildings as very efficient horse stables where there’s plumbing to automatically take away the poop!

The park couldn’t take that assault of poop-nitrate!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Would you really want 2,000 people in the park, blocking the view of the ducks in the Lily pond and scaring the old ladies walking their groomed poodles?

Imagine, they are using the grass as a litter basket and the miniature golf course is covered with folk on cell phones talking into the air!

Asher

Like now?

I’m not looking for a solution. I’m content with what I think about the situation. After all, I’m not going to make a difference.
I could suggest a decentralisation of cities, for example. Build them in reverse. Spread the dwellings out and have the businesses distributed at the fringe. But I suspect there might be an objection to that. People like to sit next to each other while doing stuff, generally.

I can imagine, in the park, all the ‘office workers’ sitting in a huddle with their phones and laptops while the rest of the park would be available to the wanderers and children.

I’m just dreaming really. I don’t want a better world. The one I’m in has done me well so far. There are some things that piss me off but, like an irritating itch, I scratch it and wait for the next one.

Asher Kelman

I would prefer to see moving everything vertically and letting the chapparal, trees and creatures come back!

The wider spread we are, the more we screw up!

I don’t want to save the world, just don’t want lions and bears to be known by our great grandchildren only as Stories, like the Tasmanian Tiger!

Asher