• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Camera sale

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Everything is to go.

I’m moving back to 2 wheels.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Don't do it Tom... the thrill be be gone in about 20 minutes.

The thrill has never gone. I’ve had a break for 15 years. Now it’s time before it’s too late to mount the beast again.
I’m on a program especially designed to make me fit enough to do it.
Physio, excercise regime, balance exercises, refresher lessons, convincing Christine it’s ok.
I’ll be ready for Xmas.
I started riding on the back when I was 8 years old, first bike at 16, numerous others until I was 60. I don’t ever remember the thrill being absent.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom,

I’d have bet you for a Harley or big Honda guy!

What make machine is that?

Looks like 125CC buzzer we see streaming around the streets in Florence like swarming Gnats!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom,

I’d have bet you for a Harley or big Honda guy!

What make machine is that?

Looks like 125CC buzzer we see streaming around the streets in Florence like swarming Gnats!

Asher

Started with a BSA C series 250cc, all of 14 hp back in 1964.
Migrated to Honda in 1969 and climbed the power ladder up to 900cc Bol’dOr
And hung up my gloves with a 750 cc.
All road racers, as Honda like to cal them. CB range.

This is no swarming rat. It’s 500 cc with racing profile.
The style of bike has changes over the years. Australia has a liking for Harley’s especially in Darwin.
Not me.
I’m a speed man, not a grunt man.
Sleek, light, max torque at high revs, ABS breaks, not built for pillion.
They didn’t have the one I want in stock.
This is the one I’ll finish up with.
Red is compulsory. They go faster.

Asher Kelman

That indeed is no gnat Tom!

This is a mid sized monster that requires perfect coordination to weave between car lanes on a highway and take sharp corners. I would be scared that one sharp back spasm, (from my Crestor statin Drugs side effect), would send me into the opposite on-coming traffic!

Don’t you also have a few health issues?

Asher

Jim Galli

Ahh, the wheeled beasts have pulled me away from cameras too, but never in total . . . so far. For me, it's ancient Ford's.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
That indeed is no gnat Tom!

This is a mid sized monster that requires perfect coordination to weave between car lanes on a highway and take sharp corners. I would be scared that one sharp back spasm, (from my Crestor statin Drugs side effect), would send me into the opposite on-coming traffic!

Don’t you also have a few health issues?

Asher
There’s an insanity clause in my insurance.
It does seem contrary that there’s a whole bunch of people keeping me alive just to sit on a couch.
Strange as it might seem, this is part of the motivation for being alive and wanting to remain so.

Asher Kelman

Would you consider a BMW with the bars going over your head. The police use them in Turkey.

Or is this not acceptable downunder?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
The BMW 32 designed in 1923 is reappearing as a safety concept bike: it can’t fall over!

Suspension is built in tires!

Asher

Nothing wrong with a BMW motorcycle but the Japanese have outclassed them for more than 50 years in all but price.
BMW certainly has a classy price on their gear.
The R32 wasn’t anything like this monster you’re displaying.
You’d find that 99.9% of motorcyclist would ask if BMW are having a laugh.
The point of riding is the lack of protection, the need for alertness and balance. The noise, smell of fumes, the skill of riding.
This bike is definitively one for the rich girls.
I’d like to see this machine hurdling itself across the desert at Dakar or Finke River

B04D79EB-EBFD-4441-9FC2-E4F3B3370598.jpeg