• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Cathedrals of the Mind

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There’s a Concept that we play out ideas in internal “Cathedrals of the Mind where we test out our ideas for critique and improvements.

I want to build 3 such structures, large scale, for people to visit to muse, appreciate art, contemplate and have sanctuary.

I am planning to show this with another work, in 2020 in Venice Italy.

The center structure will lean to the right a further 30 degrees and a diagonal fissure on the side will gush water to a pool below.

I am having glass blown for the Cathedral windows.

The finish will be rust.

Asher

Asher Kelman

The first model, 2ft high, I carved in wood. This is made of aluminum, flat sheets cut and welded to match the wood.

After this is completed I will begin a new iteration in Corten rusty steel, 30ft high. All recessed or “torn” parts will be with mirror-finished stainless steel.

More attention will be made to inside surfaces, massive handblown glass windows, sounds from brass meditation bowls and lighting.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thanks James!

I too am excited to see the windows be fitted in!

Also the rip in the side of the center one to make the waterfall!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This is just amazing! Asher, you are a very talanted creative person!!!
Thanks so much Julianne for the words of encouragement.

Doing such art is somewhat like putting one’s outstretched foot in the deep water, being certain that somehow one can wiggle one’s ankle and find another rock to stand on!

Asher