• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Robert Watcher

Fisherman racing back to shore:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just worked it out, Robert!
I was puzzled yesterday looking at it as I thought you had two unrelated pictures stacked with no gap between them!

Now I get it and really feel the action!

Asher

Robert Watcher

No tricks. No layers or stacks. I’m shooting across a large bay, with a 600mm equivalent lens.

Here is a pic taken seconds before with the boat hitting a different wave. It shows the real impact, but not as interesting a shot because it is harder to define what is happening.

when previewing the set of pics, I loved the way the driver tipped forward and held on to his hat and rode out the storm. LOL

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

At the end of the day, this is the tried and true way if getting the large heavy fibreglass boat, from the waters edge - to the bluff by their house.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well it works!

Glad you stopped to complete the story. It tells us a lot!

No doubt man discovered these “wheels” far earlier that we had thought!

Asher