• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As you have no doubt noticed I am pulling together what has been true of OPF: we are passionate about life on the planet, diverse and colorful societies and the challenges we face.

We express these values with our photography. I am just gathering together broad subjects that reflect who we really are. So we appear to be more orientated to our fellow man and nature, than we might have realized.

All I am doing now is making this less-scattered content and more obvious organized and overt! Our photography doesn’t change, but the site becomes more effective.

In addition I will build a new gallery system where each person can, if they wish showcase their work.

The front end will be replaced with a more vibrant landing page.

From now on, please add keywords in the “tag box” to help search engines find us!

I look forward to your continued support as we strengthen and rebuild OPF to host our best pictures!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I am working to make our categories in the forum more rational so we can pull together like subjects and decrease the number of separate rooms.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Asher

Asher Kelman

We have successfully tested migration of our recently acquired modern new XenForo platform to a new server with the new OPF mail linked to the website with same IP/DNS address and a valid SSL certificate. ?

Nothing from us should now end up in your spam/junk mail from now on! ?

So please let me know if you experience any problems.

At the same time, our new IT consultant is preparing a new active landing page, Galleries and other enhancements.

Thanks for your support, ?
Asher

Asher Kelman

I will announce the final migration and we should be down for about 10 minutes in most areas but it could be 24 hours in remote areas.

Asher

Asher Kelman

We will be migrating to our new server with final synchronization. At Tuesday July 9th 11:00 pm Pacific Time, (GMT-7)

That is the same as July 10th 6:00 am UTC/GMT

♥?❤

?

Asher Kelman

Thanks Dog for correction of time zones!

Thanks Antonio for your kind words.

We are currently working on

• A new landing page with news
  • A film strip of diverse current images
  • Each OPFrs Private storage image library
  • Bespoke Personal Portfolio
Hopefully, also

OPF Showcase Gallery for Print Sales

Asher

Asher Kelman

Successfully migrated to new server! No glitches reported in past 36 hours!

Asher Kelman: “Light & Steps”

Our new “info.” email will give your mail servers consistent matching IP and DNS origins from https://openphotographyforums.com and hopefully therefore reach your mailboxes easier!

Let me know of any issues!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

To improve performance:

WARNING: DOWNTIME approx 5 minutes to 30min

SITE will be migrated shortly to a faster server with more RAM.

at 11pm Pacific Day Time July 12th 2019 (Los Angeles)

This is July 13th 6.am.GMT

Asher Kelman

Yes, Doug, my buddy, it all went fine!

I just like to keep everyone up to date!

Our server folk, LiquidWeb.com are an efficient helpful and reliable bunch! So I thank them to the nth!

Asher