• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Common Merganser

Doug Herr

Common Merganser, Sacramento County California

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

This is such a handsome lady!

It’s the first time in my life i’ve Seen this beauty so to me it’s “The Splendid Morganser” as it’s not common at all in my life!

Have you also caught the male and any chicks!

I wonder how high in the trees one finds the nests?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Doug,

So what is the lens and body setup? Is this the A7RIII and the brilliant 100-400 G lens?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Winston,

It just said 560mn and so I guess one works backwards! But at the end we don’t know whether this was with a prime lens or the 100-400 zoom!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

I do both! When I am editing pictures I use my Eizo monitor. But after 3 hours I rest and use my iPhone XS Max which has a very high resolution Retina display and excellent color, close to my calibrated monitor.

At my computer I always have PS CC 2019 to look at the EXIF.

What’s the app you use Winston. Am impressed that it recognized the x1.4 extender!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas,

I do both! When I am editing pictures I use my Eizo monitor. But after 3 hours I rest and use my iPhone XS Max which has a very high resolution Retina display and excellent color, close to my calibrated monitor.

At my computer I always have PS CC 2019 to look at the EXIF.

What’s the app you use Winston. Am impressed that it recognized the x1.4 extender!

Asher
Je n'ai pas d' iPhone XS Max,mais je sais que l'on peut avoir de mauvaise surprise lorsqu'on imprime en offset une image préparée sur un écran Rétina, qui améliore fictivement la vues des photographies…

En ce qui concerne l'exif, CC2019 montre bien le téléconverter, et je le prouve ! ;)

Asher Kelman

Of course CC 2029 shows the Exif, my good friend! 🤣💦

But when using the iPhone I have no access to it. I haven’t found as yet the similar full featured EXIF reader for iOS!

I do check my editing from the iPhone on the full calibrated Eizo monitor from time to time, and it’s always surprisingly good. Of course not sufficient for printing. Your warning about the Retina screen is likely important but thank goodness I have an Eizo monitor which self calibrates with its built in instrument.

If you have seen weird colors in my iPhone edited images, let me know! I also use Lightroom and the small CC PS application for iOS too.

Asher