• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cultural and religious symbols, edifices and celebrations!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Beautiful work, Antonio,

Such pictures of custom, tradition, holiness and faith are amazing, beautiful and powerful.

Faith can be such a great scaffolding for society. But we have to hope it’s on our side!

Asher

Antonio Correia

I am starting a project of 6 images under the theme: "Religious symbols" to submit to LensWork.
They will be all in colour and with the size 3/4 in landscape.
Below the first of the set.

Asher Kelman

Saint with fish grill and wag and person looking at a black and white photograph where people probably, waiting for food...

That is so unusual! What is a wag?

Is there a name to this saint?

The B&W picture deserves cropping and enlarging to discover it better!
Asher

Asher Kelman

I am starting a project of 6 images under the theme: "Religious symbols" to submit to LensWork.
They will be all in colour and with the size 3/4 in landscape.
Below the first of the set.

Unlike the Portuguese saint grilling fish, the gold get and colors look as fresh. Arectgey using tiles in this Buddhist shrine and could they be real gold?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Images sent to LensWork.

An interesting combination: 3 church and 2 ? Buddhists Idols/holy sculptures!

The art and passion of the Christian works have a lot of emotion.

Interesting division of theology. Islam and Judaism strictly ban such forms as idol worship.

Do they appear in Methodist and other reform Churches or not?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Doug for your comment. :)

Asher, the walls are blue because they are partly covered with "azulejos", or blue tiles.
And no, it is not the same woman. :)

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

This time it has become peaceful.

.....but for a moment I also thought that this would have also have been a choice of Cem Usakligil, who loved spaces with such openings or “portals”.

Asher