• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Boats swinging at night while being anchored…

CIEL_NCL2522_2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

I like the use of colored lights of the milieu to draw for us over time their changing positions. I have never used this but I like the result. My walls have you series of light-writing you did I think in 2004 or there abouts. Everyone is intrigued and calls over someone else the the set And a discussion always ensues!

Cem Usakligil used to share photos of lights over water too, but it seemed, (as in this shot of the port of Rotterdam), he used generally static, solely vertical reflections.

845E2167-9369-4289-A801-8BBD820B5FDC.jpeg

I imagine one can spend a lot of time exploring whether or not there are further, (but hidden), long reflections as can be beautifully seen on the right in your shot.

178D9DF4-97AD-481D-82D0-4E4394B6A3A6.jpeg

I wonder whether your cameras can also perform the double exposure, (one ambient and many repeated for moving lights), as with the Olympus MFT bag of clever tricks such as this!

Robert’s work lacks the starkness and abrupt short curves of your picture, but it shows Beautiful lines instead, so there’s still a lot of room for novel observations of moving lights.

I am the one who has done nothing in this kind of light capture and I have so much to learn from the three of you!

Asher