• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Developing until when? And what?

Paul Iddon

Wandering what is in here, and when will it come out - this year, or over winter until next year? (It's on a holly leaf, close to the ground).

waiting_pupae1_4k_1800-X3.jpg

waiting_pupae_4k_1800-X3.jpg

waiting_pupae2_4k_1800-X3.jpg

waiting_pupae3_4k_1800-X3.jpg

Paul.

I know very little about bugs, but I do like a mystery. It seems to me, that it could be a pill bug, or similar, a black pill millipede. Your photos have much better detail than anything I see online, but you could check it out!:) Maggie

Paul Iddon

It's a caterpillar waiting to become a butterfly or moth. The mystery, is what it will be when (if) it emerges...

Paul.

Paul Iddon

I hope I see it emerge. Someone's suggested putting it in a container until it happens, but I don't like to interfere with mother nature.