• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dot-lined White

Peter Dexter

Or Artace cribrarius is a moth commonly reported from the US East coast but this appears to be the only reported sighting of it from Colombia according to iNaturalist

50985397057_84d982414d_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Peter,

Such a treat: what a richly textures and detailed shot!

Is this your work? What a find.

Amazing priest ready in his gown and cloak to minister to a congregation of the devoted believers!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Yes it is my photo of course. What adds to the fun of nature observation in Colombia is the fact that so much is undescribed in science allowing amateurs like me to make useful contributions. There are an estimated 12,000 species of moths in the US. Here in Colombia there are an estimated 27,000 species...and Colombia is about nine times smaller than the US. I have photographed over a thousand species on my front porch.