• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dutch celebrities rebel over COVID constraints

Jerome Marot

A group of Dutch celebrities have triggered both a sizeable backlash and a national debate after breaking cover on social media with the hashtag #ikdoenietmeermee, (I no longer participate). The central figure is the rapper and model Famke Louise, 21, who told her 1 million Instagram followers she was no longer willing to go along with the growing number of restrictions designed to slow the spread of the virus.

This article appeared in the Guardian, you can read it here:

James Lemon

A group of Dutch celebrities have triggered both a sizeable backlash and a national debate after breaking cover on social media with the hashtag #ikdoenietmeermee, (I no longer participate). The central figure is the rapper and model Famke Louise, 21, who told her 1 million Instagram followers she was no longer willing to go along with the growing number of restrictions designed to slow the spread of the virus.

This article appeared in the Guardian, you can read it here:

Oh a thread of reason...beats falling into unthinking complacency!

Jerome Marot

The next news is causing discussions on French TV today: the day after the announcement of new measures in certain areas aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, movie director Nicolas Bedos published a text on Thursday on the networks in which he expresses his fed-up with the situation, which is controversial on the Web.

James Lemon

The next news is causing discussions on French TV today: the day after the announcement of new measures in certain areas aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, movie director Nicolas Bedos published a text on Thursday on the networks in which he expresses his fed-up with the situation, which is controversial on the Web.

They must have concerns about their biosecurity, immunity status?

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

As you can imagine, this situation has caused a lot of ripples over here (I'm in the Netherlands). These people have been persuaded by conspiracy theorists that there is no more risk to Covid19 than a regular flu and that the governments are using it as an excuse to limit our freedom. Majority of Dutch people think that they are simply idiots to be ignored. There are countless memes and jokes about them already.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In about a year we’ll know enough give everyone answers. At present we are dealing with a virus that kills sufficiently more people to block up hospitals and morgues and break the backs of grave diggers! If it’s just a ‘flu, sort of thing, then it’s a sort of ‘flu nature has weaponized to make the body over react, inflame blood vessels and fill the lungs with inflammatory cells!

Best is is you live in isolated suburbs or country side or be young ......and wealthy so you don’t have to do your own shopping!

Why people don’t have the same skepticism about God being, omnipotent, kind and just?

I just struggle with “Bambi”, the baby deer being ripped apart by wild dogs, hyenas or lions!

Folk accept Gods, Moses, Buddha, sacred cows and Jesus but not logic and science!

I have no doubt that the Nederlands scientists are making reasonable decisions based on the facts we have and the best guesses.

I have faith in the goodness of man!

Asher

Jerome Marot

As you can imagine, this situation has caused a lot of ripples over here (I'm in the Netherlands). These people have been persuaded by conspiracy theorists that there is no more risk to Covid19 than a regular flu and that the governments are using it as an excuse to limit our freedom. Majority of Dutch people think that they are simply idiots to be ignored. There are countless memes and jokes about them already.

I remember that you live in the NL, Cem. Hope you and your family are well.

Yes, I understand that the situation has caused ripples over there, as similar statements by Nicolas Bedos in France have. I suppose that getting attention was part of the plan. But there is more to it: a percentage of the population apparently takes the restrictions as unjust and want them lifted. They then make the authorities guilty for the situation. They believe they are entitled to the life as it was before and simply want the problem away.

This was to be foreseen, it always happens.