• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Exhibit with multispectral works

Dr Klaus Schmitt

There is currently an exhibit in Germany at the Museum Sinclair-House, Bad Homburg within the "Wandelmut" (willingness to change) series, which has some of my multispectral works on display. Visible here is a Rudbeckia hirta flower in human vision, simulated bee and butterfly vision, showing the "landing platform" only bees and butterflies can see, as they have the ability to see ultraviolet light (300-400nm), which we humans cannot see.

455_Ausstellung_Sinclair_Haus_2022_c_1.jpg

(Human vision vs. simulated Bee + Butterfly vision; left to right)

Those photos were taken with a full spectrum modifed Panasonic Lumix GH4, using an UV-Nikkor 4.5/105mm lens and various special filters, including the Baader-U "VENUS" UV transmission filter, light was a 1200Ws studio flash system, modified for higher UV output. Details about all that on my site https://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Paul! This was a small exhibit, the one at the SF Science Museum and at the NY Natural History Museum however were big ones! ;-)