• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Expansion of safe comfortable outdoor dining in Beverly Hills

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We are witnessing the Parisification of Beverly Hills Dining. The “Trotoir”!
The city even expanded sidewalks by even repurposing adjacent curbside parking places.

F3F8017A-1EB3-4A72-BC9C-6405DA511BCA.jpeg

The sidewalk Level built up to a perfect match tothe walking surface where there are now many more tables.
E7E33FFA-469D-43C9-9CFC-722436CACEB8.jpeg

0C405749-B3E1-40C6-9B0F-DCA380E137C3.jpeg

With thorough cleaning after each table is used, we now have safe restaurants to freely dine.

17F4F3DB-0EDC-4F2A-A49A-F9A9CA75E832.jpeg

Outside “private zones” are created with transparent plastic walls
This is an amazing change in dining atmosphere and given the wonderful fresh Beverly Hills Air cooked by Pacific Ocean Breezes, this is simply heaven -sent! We are indeed fortunate!

Asher

Asher Kelman

2F6FCAFC-C644-4D38-AF5B-192580E1B558.jpeg

The net result?

Friends now dine without crowding in a well serviced friendly environment where they can relax and enjoy each other!

504DAFFE-18B3-4D82-8C87-146CF40594CD.jpeg

We enjoyed our usual: white fish with boiled broccoli plus a cold beer with

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
They do that in France's large cities for months, started in Paris then in some others like Bordeaux.
However here, parking places are preserved…
Also a lot of restaurant have a barcode stuck on the table so you can flash it with your "smart"phone and get the menu online so "La carte" in paper is not used and do not spread eventual virus contamination.

Asher Kelman

They do that in France's large cities for months, started in Paris then in some others like Bordeaux.
However here, parking places are preserved…
Also a lot of restaurant have a barcode stuck on the table so you can flash it with your "smart"phone and get the menu online so "La carte" in paper is not used and do not spread eventual virus contamination.
We had a choice: QR code or a paper menu. Wendy tried to get the menu with the front camera and I had stitches of laughter. Seemed obvious to her as it was kind of personal!

Asher

Asher Kelman

....and the whitefish was superb. No wine as I forgot my wand to absorb the sulfite that’s makes me itch. So it was beer with fresh lime instead.

At home que du vin!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Most of these extensions are built with transport pallets, some restaurants have hidden the internal pallet construction with panels as shown here.

DBD86C79-0AA9-4FCE-A793-2277F5FD0BE4.jpeg

9A0F3D3B-E0DD-4A7E-8F29-340238587909.jpeg