• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fantasy added to what the camera records!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The photograph is never just about what is recorded unless it’s for science, insurance, news or police work.

What we show is never what we saw!

I find it enjoyable to start with a composition that I find compelling but then look to artistic filters to further extend the obvious and subtle differences.

Here, once more, I photographed a my famous garden hedge, with early morning long shadows of succulent “palm“ trees!

The Sky was pretty empty at the outset.

I will start with a B&W derivative so you can recognize the hedge

6EF36EBE-923B-4C7F-B4A9-DE2534B5D3D8.jpeg

Next I have introduced a pink pastel sky and rendered the dark hedge the brightest!

2C1FCAD2-5F75-4D95-8EC4-4ED0FCCDDE96.jpeg

This works well printed large, but small here the details of the first Palm are hard to see!
Asher