• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

From an old mill

Jarmo Juntunen

Two captures from a recent walk in the Seitseminen National Park.

Liesjoki Old Mill

Liesjoen%20mylly-09.jpg

Liesjoki
Liesjoen%20mylly-13.jpg

Michael Nagel

Lovely.

I prefer the first one as it shows the setting and gives some hints on the surroundings.

The colors are perfect.

Jarmo Juntunen

Michael, Will, thank you for your kind comments. I’ve always found this effect rather kitchy but very appealing. I quite enjoy this kind of photography. Nice change for the usual ”point-and-shoot” I do on my walks! The second one was shot from a wobbly wooden bridge. With the long exposure it didn’t come out quite as sharp as I would’ve wanted.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

Beautiful location. Who keeps you company. Do you have a dog,

…..wife or friend perhaps or you’re mediating and alone?

Can you take some with fast e posture so the splashes and spray can be seen?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you, Asher! No dogs, but three cats. And they do not join me on my walks. Forest walks are a thing I keep strickly to myself these days. We did a lot of hiking with the kids when they were younger but lately I’ve been having the luxury of enjoying the nature alone.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cats sometimes brush against us as a friendly gesture or walk near us but not a lot more!

Dogs jump up, welcome us very warmly and cry by the door waiting for owners to return. Cats seem far more indifferent!

OTOH, one needs to “walk” dogs and carry a plastic bag!

Asher