• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Risqué Liberal Openness or Bawdy Girls Just Wanna Have Fun II: Strip Club!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was invited to take pictures at a birthday party but was surprised by the bunch of burly security men in dark suits outside and how dark it was inside the club.

It took a while to find the birthday girl, my buddies friend of many years!

But anyway I was distracted by the dancers, dancing in one spot, (often legs astride female or male folk at tables).

Asher Kelman: “Table with a View”

Asher Kelman: “Gyration”

Asher Kelman: “The Tease”
I would say the girls were either about 24 years old or else in their early or late 30’s, which likely corresponds to girls at school or young housewives or professionals such as teachers or nurses.
Asher

Asher Kelman

Good work, Jerome!

I also discovered the Geo-tagging! Amazing isn’t it!

The pictures the link boasts are taken with lights, LOL, but still show the mood very well. I plan to rent a Canon 5D Mark IV or a Sony A7sII to enable better exposure in very, very low light.

But I will have to sign up chosen and willing dancers and get volunteers to receive the lap dances, as one can’t photograph the regular denizens as they hardly want to advertise how they spend their leisure time!

Also, some of the girls are teachers or nurses disguised with wigs and certainly don’t want to be outed!

Asher

Asher Kelman

All organized! They had a giant box of money! It rained $$$!

She was so surprised. About 10 girls danced with her on the stage in an over thevtop hilarious dance-athon!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Good work, Jerome!

I also discovered the Geo-tagging! Amazing isn’t it!

I rather posted that link for the comments. Let me cite the first two:

Gary P.
If you're looking for a spot with overpriced drinks and girls with sweaty boobs then look no further. Today was my first time here and it will undoubtedly be my last. As soon as you walk in prepare to stumble over tables and chairs because it is so dark that it takes your eyes at least 5 minutes to adjust and once they do adjust and you get to get a real good look at the girls you'll wish you could unadjust them all over again. I only wish I had more thumbs so I could give this dump four thumbs down.

Maria C.
This place is great. Went there as the stupidest woman in the world thinking I was with the perfect man but the girls were too much to resist that my 14 year relationship ended in just seconds. If I end up dating again I won't wait 14 years in to go here, will probably pick this spot as a first date to see what type of "man" I'm really going out.
Girls do their job, drinks are cool, will probably return.

The pictures the link boasts are taken with lights, LOL, but still show the mood very well. I plan to rent a Canon 5D Mark IV or a Sony A7sII to enable better exposure in very, very low light.

I seem to recall that you have an A7 RII? That camera is already quite competent in dark places.

Also, some of the girls are teachers or nurses disguised with wigs and certainly don’t want to be outed!

Teacher, nurses or else. You and I can't probably imagine which woman finds it amusing to be paid to walk around scantily clad.

Asher Kelman

Jerome,

Folk do this job to put money on the table. I have respect for them as persons, but not at all something I would want someone to aspire to. They take risks like window washers and police. They are apparently fulfilling an essential need and doing a social service which might even keep nuclear families together. All are good looking, meticulous in appearance, happy, (from all appearances), and welcoming! Men go home to their families and it’s just been a wonderful night out with the guys like going to ball game, likely only much, much better.

For me, a ball game is boring! I refused a free dance many times. However I am not critical of anyone else’s choices. My conclusion was that all the folk are good people, but very different than my circle but ....... paradoxically really the same!

Asher Kelman: “Feted by Dancers!”

Mostly they are just in poor circumstances and entertaining dancing and flirting is something they are so good at. Some girls give more and customers get to bave “private dances” and likely pay accordingly

Asher

Asher Kelman

I seem to recall that you have an A7 RII? That camera is already quite competent in dark places.

No, just used to have the A7R but now my youngest son owns it!

I need to have a camera that can work at -4EV or darker!

Teacher, nurses or else. You and I can't probably imagine which woman finds it amusing to be paid to walk around scantily clad.

They seem to be happy with this job, but they are actors. Perhaps a few are exhibitionists but likely as not, most are ONLY entertaining as a way of supplementing their day job.

I found women who said they were teachers, students, nurses and homemakers.

Only one person that night was garrulous and I thought was either drunk or else was only rowing with one par! Other women seemed clear thinking folk just doing a social job for money!

Asher

Jerome Marot

The dancers certainly are doing the job for the money and I am not disputing that this is work, just saying that the dancer may not be just teachers, students or nurses.

As to the A7 RII, I found it could take handheld pictures in very dark places when used with an f/1.4 lens. I don't think the A7 S II is necessary in that nightclub.

Asher Kelman

The dancers certainly are doing the job for the money and I am not disputing that this is work, just saying that the dancer may not be just teachers, students or nurses.
No doubt, soMe would b more reasonably described as sex workers!

QUOTE="Jerome Marot, post: 194181, member: 9662"]As to the A7 RII, I found it could take handheld pictures in very dark places when used with an f/1.4 lens. I don't think the A7 S II is necessary in that nightclub.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the guidance!

I just need to try a camera of that class as you suggest with a fast lens. The blur might be helpful anyway. Either a Canon 5D Mark IV or an A7RII!

Especially since Video is not my big concern!

Asher

Jerome Marot

No doubt, some would be more reasonably described as sex workers!

Indeed, as sex workers associations consider this kind of dancers as part of their members, even if they do not perform sex acts.

But I just wanted to point out that the whole story is more complex than most people imagine and that we, as men, are ill-suited to understand it. The performers are, by necessity, more likely to consider us as potential customers in search for a "theatre performance" than to give honest answers to questions we may ask.

You may remember that I posted a thread about brothels. To be able to take the pictures, I needed to enquire a bit about the trade. I read a few books. I also frequent hacker congresses and, because the question of gender is widely discussed in such congresses, I assisted to some lectures given by sex workers. This made me realise that the whole story is incredibly complex. I would say that everybody wears a mask. Or several.

This is actually exemplified in your pictures. The birthday person is quite a bit holder than most go-go dancers. What motivates her to play that act? Do you know any man who would do the same at a similar age (dancing with attractive members of the same sex, chippendales maybe, an be showered with banknotes)? Probably not, I suppose.

I just need to try a camera of that class as you suggest with a fast lens. The blur might be helpful anyway. Either a Canon 5D Mark IV or an A7RII!
Especially since Video is not my big concern!

Even if you don't need that feature, the A7RII is a quite competent camcorder. No idea about the Canon.

Asher Kelman

Thanks for the insights Jerome!

I am open to learning more about this apparently normal but generally not overtly realized part of our community. It could be it’s a safety valve!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher, next time you are at the club ask the nurse how much for a private dance. LOL
Don,

Consider: since the “school teacher” as she sat in the customer’s lap, did something hidden from view but, intentional with her hand stretched low, behind her, (seconds before she started her lap dance), I can’t imagine what “extra” would be included in the dance in private!

Asher