• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Goodbye, Isabel

Doug Kerr

I didn't inform you about this at the time as it was too painful to write about it. (It still is!)

Our precious dog, Isabel, died through euthanasia on May 31, 2022. She had been diagnosed only a few weeks earlier with lymphoma, and it quickly spread through her whole body.

Isabel was seemingly mostly Chihuahua, and in fact came from Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico. She was with us in mid-December of 2020. She was bright and personable, largely quiet, but with a wonderful baritone bark that could clearly explain to the garbage truck (the "white monster") that it needed to get on its way out of our alley.

She was a wonderful comfort to Carla during her very dark time in 2021, when Carla had surgery for ovarian cancer and then underwent a very arduous course of chemotherapy.

This is one photo by which we like to remember Isabel:

R03669-01-s800.jpg

Here she was with me in my office.

On her last night she slept on our sofa, one of her favorite places. She was so weak that she could not climb up the little steps we had for her to get on or off the sofa, so Carla lifted her up and tucked her in under her favorite little quilt. Carla slept with her on the sofa that night.

Yet, sick as she was, at 5:00 am Isabel went down the little steps and out through her doggie door into the back yard to pee, because she knew that was the right way to do it. She didn't have the strength to come back in through her door, and Carla carried her in and back onto the sofa.

We miss you a lot, sweet Isabel.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

A sensitive and caring pal. Unfortunately all things, (including this entire universe, except “God”, have, ultimately a fixed time span: with a beginning, a middle and an end.

We know nothing of the seemingly unjustifiable, but unlimited nature of time and space, but we cannot alter the certainty of death.

The reassuring part of the puppy’s love is that it was unconditional and you and Carla always honored that gift of nature!

Asher

Oh, I'm so sorry Doug, I'm sure you loved her very much and this was a very difficult time. My cat is 16 and has had a few close calls in her life, and although she's in pretty good health now, I know she will not be there forever and I
dread the day where we have to take that heartbreaking step.

Much love to you and Carla. Again, so sorry!

Maggie

Doug Kerr

Oh, I'm so sorry Doug, I'm sure you loved her very much and this was a very difficult time. My cat is 16 and has had a few close calls in her life, and although she's in pretty good health now, I know she will not be there forever and I
dread the day where we have to take that heartbreaking step.

Much love to you and Carla. Again, so sorry!

Maggie
Hi, Maggie,

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi, Asher,

Thank you so much.

Isabel came to us to perform a very important service, which she did in grand style, and then moved on.

We can ask no more.

Best regards,

Doug