• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Got shot #1 today.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
#2 comes on Feb 5...sore arm, some queasiness in my tummy and a bit of fuzzy-headedness at the beginning. It was quick and easy.
I have been watching the TV series on Netflix, “Versailles” and they had so much shooting in the last scene.

So naturally I thought you had been shot!

OMG!

What a relief, It’s the vaccine, I presume as they don’t usually schedule a 2cd bullet if they accidentally hit your harm!

Asher

Asher Kelman

But Chris,

How did you get so far up the line? I am waiting impatiently!

Or are you in Florida with a first come, first shot!

Asher

Chris Calohan

Well, yes I am in Florida, but our outlying communities got assistance from FEMA and thus had tons of vaccine available. I got mine by calling a health department 50 miles away on Thursday, got an appointment for Friday at 11 their time (EST) but got there early and since there was no line, they let me right on in. Never had to leave my car. I already had my paperwork filled out, so it was in and out in 17 minutes. I was back home just about at the time I was originally scheduled. Word got out (as much by me as the next person) and now appointment times are up to a week from now. Still faster and easier than first come first served as is the case in South Florida.

Arm is sore as all hades today but beats a ventilator every time.

Chris Calohan

Arm is still a bit tender today and this morning my breakfast tasted a bit dull, though that too has cleared up. An RN at Shands Hospital in Gainesville Fl said that their follow-ups indicate that those who experience some form of nausea have likely already had the virus and passed it off t a bad cold or sinus issue. I had some serious respiratory issues last August that required two rounds of a ZPak and two rounds of Medrol steroids to finally knock it out of me...even though the week before, I had a Covid test that said I was negative.

I wonder if Asher would comment to what the Nurse suggested.

If you do get the vaccine, make sure you hydrate muchly the day before, the day of and the day after. You may want to take an Allegra or other antihistamine a few hours before the shot. Be sure to take some Advil or Tylenol after the shot and then on a regular time frame for the next two or three days to ease the arm pain at the injection site. Keep in mind that an over the counter antihistamine will not stop, or even likely touch a true anaphylaxis reaction so be sure to stay at the shot site for no less than 15 minutes. Ice packs on the injection site area helps to ease the swelling and arm pain...it hurts, but far less than having a ventilator tube shoved down your throat.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Chris and @everyone IGNORE any such advice, please.

Here are the facts. The vaccines are very, very safe. No need for hydration and certainly not premedication

Allergy to the messenger RNA in the vaccine is extraordinarily rare, if it occurs at all. However reactions to other carrying components to maintain the mRNA can occasionally and rarely cause

1. Immediate allergic reactions and be so severe as to cause mouth swelling,breathing difficulty and even anaphylactic shock requiring emergency injection with an EPIPEN. That’s why CDC recommends that on standby and waiting 15 minutes before leaving vaccination site. Getting vaccinated in a car in State like Florida is not that as they have no set up for your care as in a hospital or a stadium with an ICU tent.

2. Don’t take any oral meds. No need for pre-hydration. Unless you have been in a gym or running there is no basis for rehydration. It can’t harm you as that will be just excreted, but it’s nonsense.

3. if you have allergies, see an allergist beforehand. We are concerned really about allergy/hypersensitivity to those who are allergic to PEG or polysorbate, also antifreeze like compounds. SUCH FOLK MUSTN’T EVER GET Current 2 dose mRNA COVID VACCINES, WHICH CONTAINS IT.

4. If you have a severe immediate reaction to any mRNA vaccine YOU ARE BANNED FROM TAKING A SECOND DOSE.

5. headaches and sore arm the next day are not “immediate severe reactions”.

Immediate severe nausea could be. Ask your allergist!

6. Respiratory distress is an ABSOLUTE contraindication to a second dose with the mRNA vaccine. Wait for the single shot real carrier virus vaccine using a safe animal virus non toxic to man.

DISCLOSURE: This solely educational advice is given from my knowledge as a Virilogist and Molecular Biologist, Professor of Microbiology and physician.

This information is to the best of my knowledge up to date and matches CDC guidelines. However, it cannot replace the care, advice and responsibility of your licensed physician who has a doctor patient relationship with you.

Asher Kelman M.D.,Ph.D.

Asher Kelman

Arm is still a bit tender today and this morning my breakfast tasted a bit dull, though that too has cleared up. An RN at Shands Hospital in Gainesville Fl said that their follow-ups indicate that those who experience some form of nausea have likely already had the virus and passed it off t a bad cold or sinus issue. I had some serious respiratory issues last August that required two rounds of a ZPak and two rounds of Medrol steroids to finally knock it out of me...even though the week before, I had a Covid test that said I was negative.

I wonder if Asher would comment to what the Nurse suggested.
The medications given points to a bacterial infection, not a virus, although any of a number of viruses could have been the inciting event that left you susceptible to bacterial infection. A person with such a recent history should try to get vaccine in a medical center.

Most cases of SARS CoV-2 are asymptomatic. It’s quite feasible that your previous bout was indeed an infection with that new virus, but the nurses suggestion is, (while not unreasonable), at best an intelligent guess, but not likely true much more than a 60 to 40 odds! After all there are scores of other viruses currently circulating too.

Asher

Chris Calohan

Good information. Having never had a serious reaction to much of anything, I felt perfectly safe at the vaccination scene. They had an RN with EPI pens ready should anyone need immediate assistance. Unfortunately, most people do not realize that a hefty dose of epinephrine is not compatible with a not so robust and healthy heart. If you have heart issues, you might want to have your vaccine at your cardiologist's office.