• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grab Portraits Challenge: Fast Grab- Portaits: No lights, no reflectors.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"Notable Cityzens" from Setubal is a new series of people's portraits who have been important nationally or/and internationally. António Manuel de Almeida Serra has been my class mate since we were 10 years old. :)

What an amiable fellow, your friend, Antonio!

I see a man who enjoys what he does and your company. Would I be wrong in imagining he also savors wine from the rarer Ramisco vines of the Colares region with steak cooked close to rare!

Asher

Adrian Wareham

Edited the jpeg of this one with my tablet's Photoshop Touch. It's starting to grow on me. =)

ShayePortraitPalette.jpg

-Adrian

Asher Kelman

Adrian,

Lively warm talented and charming ladies, presumably the same wonderful person! They all contribute to this impression, but my favorite is the last one. I'd look to the possibility of getting more detail in the hair and a tad of brightness in the face and eyes.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Portrait of a young man in Srinagar, Cashmere - India.
The portrait of the tourist guide is just a very simple one... nothing peculiar or exquisite: trivial.

Asher Kelman

Mme Rose et Jaune

5862628661_cfbb0e764b_b.jpg

Rob,

This is wonderful and so French! Great catch! Now fresh bread and a sleepy man at 7:00 am!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Shot where I was not the primary photographer. My niece and her daughter.

9322512291_6ece1079ac_c.jpg

Chris Calohan: Jodi & Lily

Chris,

For your own family, your hand adds the extra component of love. Allowing in the sparse punctate color of the purple flowers on the left, gives and extra sparkle that seems to balance the details of their smiles.

Asher

Adrian Wareham

My friend, Shaye Taylor (more like a little sister to me) out on a local street corner where she plays the piano and sings for passers-by. What a wonderful young woman! So much beauty and talent.

IMG_2623.jpg

-Adrian

Adrian Wareham

Metadata and specs for the previous image (taken at 10 PM) :

Canon 60D on highlight tone priority and a Sigma 50mm f1.4 prime.

1/80th second exposure

3200 ISO

3400K color temperature on the portrait palette with high contrast and saturation settings

f1.4

-Adrian