• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Guards of Hell

Jarmo Juntunen

I literally hiked to hell and back yesterday. This is Lake Hell, or Helvetinjärvi in our language, a national park in southern Finland. I spotted a couple of interesting rock formations by the lake that gave me the idea for my title.

Polar Night is about to end soon and days are getting lighter but it is still very dark and gloomy outside.

Helvetinj%C3%A4rvi00001115.JPG

A Guardian

Helvetinj%C3%A4rvi00001110.JPG

A Guardianess

Helvetinj%C3%A4rven_vartija00001228.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It’s a tough challenge you gave yourself to extract form when everything is blanketed in white and the sky is grey!

One would need special film or a Sony As low light type camera to get more detail in the snow and sky!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
17685AEA-A84A-4E08-B318-BD138CBA2797.jpeg

So, Jarmo, was there a major fire there in hell?

The black dead tree on the left looks like it’s charred!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

It’s a tough challenge you gave yourself to extract form when everything is blanketed in white and the sky is grey!

One would need special film or a Sony As low light type camera to get more detail in the snow and sky!

Asher
True. But then again, this is what it looks like out there now. Thanks for the input, anyway. And no, no flames in this hell outside the campfire.