• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Help needed identifying old auto

Doug Kerr

Carla is doing some genealogical work on her family (supporting a historical novel she is writing). One of her reference materials is this photo:

This is Carla's great-grandfather, John Crittenden, the central figure in the novel. We do not know when this was taken, but certainly in the 1920s.

It would be very helpful if somebody could identity the model of the car we see. (I love the landau irons.)

Thanks so much.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

For what its worth, Carla now suspects this is a 1924 Chrysler model B-70 sedan.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug, I have seen one page where the photo is identified as the Model B-70 but if you google the 1924 Chrysler B-70 they show a different model. Also, here is a Chrysler video of their first 1924 Model B-70 car and it is not the same. I may be wrong, but I think further investigation is needed. I' ve tried to get more information looking at the design on the part that holds the spoke wheel on, but have not been able to find it yet. I won't have any more time tonight and perhaps only tomorrow night, not sure. But I will try to help.

This is the Chrysler video showing the 1924 Chrysler Model B-70

Jim Galli

I see the Chevrolet "Bow Tie" on the hub cap and Chevy used the Landau irons for many models in that era. Early to mid 1920
's Chevrolet Landau Sedan. ??

Doug Kerr

Hi, Gang,

Thanks for all the info.

This is one of the several available body styles of the 1924 Chrysler B-70:

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jim,

I see the Chevrolet "Bow Tie" on the hub cap and Chevy used the Landau irons for many models in that era. Early to mid 1920
's Chevrolet Landau Sedan. ??
I don't have the "insight" to see the bow tie on that hubcap. (I have the original photo print, and I can't see it there either.)

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I saw it but was planning to find out it’s significance as a clue but the angels in my studio distracted me!

Asher