• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I have seen 3 eagles in the last two days but...

Jim Olson

this is the only image I got and it was to far away
BV6A5806 (2)-SharpenAI-Focus.jpg

This was zoomed all the way out. Same bird and same tree.
BV6A5809 (2)-resized.jpg

Robert Watcher

I have never seen bald eagles around Ontario, Canada - but a couple of weeks ago Anne & I were driving on a country road and saw a large bird fly up from the road in front of us. Unfortunately, similarly to your situation - by the time we got to the area that it was in, it had flown to a treed place on the other side of a corn field well over 1/4 mile away.

I grabbed my camera and took this shot from my car window (heavily cropped from a pic taken with my 600mm lens), just to verify if it was a bald eagle or a vulture which are large and we see lots of them. I hope there is a possibility to come across one again. They are magnificent.

I too would love to capture a more closeup detailed picture of one. Also having better light. The image quality was further reduced by having to shoot in poor light at 6400ISO with a slow shutter speed of 1/100’th second with the lens wide open.

1A180A73-C26E-481B-8EE5-ECB264AF600A.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Olson

I'm very fortunate to see eagles here in my area at least once or twice a month.
Here is part of an encounter my wife and I had on her birthday (April 2021)
enlarge_BV6A1890 E10 C10 S10 crop-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

BV6A2059 E10 C10 S10 crop-SharpenAI-Focus.jpg