• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Impalas - Africa Photo Safari

A couple of Impalas posing for their portrait
D850 200 to 400 f4

400mm 1/800 f4 iso 400
Feb 2024 East Africa Photo Safari
Impalas posing et.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Such a handsome pair. What was the uncropped view?

What system did you choose and are there mounts on the side of your transport?

Why don’t lions attack unprotected people just sitting close by in a jeep or Landrover?

Asher

Not too much cropping

_DSC1002.jpg

i use nikon, and a light custom built support for the roof bars but mostly bean bags
safari rig copy.jpg

They are not human hunters by nature unless their space is entered into or a tourist does something stupid like opening a door or getting too close to cubs So the vehicle is tolerated

So do you have enough of those mounts or just one
People typically have their ways to shoot, monopods, bean bags. Hand held is what I normally do. mounted supports tend to be a personal bit if gear as they vary with the type of mount (arcus, ets) and should be balanced for the camera lens. I wouldnt for instance use my mount on a 600mm lens.