• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In the church

Antonio Correia

Recovering some photos from January 2020
What do you think ?
2020-01-10%4011.41.08-X4.jpg

Antonio Correia

Thank you Maggie for commenting. :)
I spent some time on this photograph building the overall appearance working on the colours, lighting and frame.
Cheers ! :)

Antonio Correia

Even being careful before posting, it happens that the final "product" doesn't please me.
I do have seen that there is a decapitated figure on top. But it is also obvious that my great son is too stretched.
I couldn't be higher or further away as I was already stepping up the pulpit and trying to hide from the lady who was watching people...

So, I reformulated the work. How ?
I went to LR and reset the crop. In fact I rarely use the 3/4 format in landscape. Instead, I use the 3/5 on landscape and 3/4 on portrait. Well, that is something else we can talk about later on.
I then exported the file to CC where I tricked the perspective, something I should have done before.
Now the result is far more appealing and that head is perfectly in.

I am sure you will like this one far, far better !
Cheers ! :)

2020-01-10%4011.41-2-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

Wondrous and meditative!

The amazing matter here is the sheer unparalleled intensity of the coming together of brilliant designers and diverse artisans to create a rich religious cultural meditative space interwoven with dogma and myth that binds a community to a Classical Catholic way of belief, teachings, values and life.

It would bankrupt any building developer today to assemble such a packed array of hand wrought workmanship!

I hope you got in the roof too in your shots!

Asher

Asher Kelman

By “my great son” you presumably mean your grandson, although it would indeed be great if you had a son like that.

A fine tall lad. How old is he? He looks like my own 12 year old grandson!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Of course Asher he is my grandson now with 11 years old.
I have other shots of the same church, indeed.
As asked I have made a crop but it turns out to be very noisy ! ;)
When I shoot I try to frame as much as possible as to the final image. It is what happened with this photograph.
I have another photograph of him near the candles but need some work and I do not have the time now...

i-5dvVGxQ-X3.jpg

Asher Kelman

Well, Antonio, he’s perfect here. You have really aced the shot with him interacting with the lit plate like this!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Just what I was praying for!

Fabulous. Great that you have your grandson near you. Does he speak Portuguese and has he caught the Correia camera bug?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher, this is the one who is and always has been in Portugal.
This was shot in January 2020.
I am now reviewing the photographs year by year and I started in 2020
:)