• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Indoor Flowers! Keep us upbeat!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yesterday I posted an image that was a big virtual hug probably because I was needing one, and thought if I did others did too.

Today, I'm putting up an image of some poppies taken last summer. It's been posted on OPF before, but I really like it and it makes me smile, so hoping it will do the same here.

View attachment 3877
Happy to see this!

Optimistic, upright and “viagroid”!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Yesterday I posted an image that was a big virtual hug probably because I was needing one, and thought if I did others did too.

Today, I'm putting up an image of some poppies taken last summer. It's been posted on OPF before, but I really like it and it makes me smile, so hoping it will do the same here.

View attachment 3877
Thanks for the smile! And for the hug(s)! And for the beautiful flowers!
But these things, even though they're necessary these days, are still a little a bit frustrating... :)
For me, color addictive, the B&W tulips are wonderful!

Thanks for the smile! And for the hug(s)! And for the beautiful flowers!
But these things, even though they're necessary these days, are still a little a bit frustrating... :)
For me, color addictive, the B&W tulips are wonderful!
Merci, Nicolas! Today, a bit of color: Sharing the Light by Maggie Terlecki

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Salut Nicolas,
Ce n'est pas une pêche mais une poire, mais vraiment, il ne s'agit que d'amour!

This is not about a peach, but a pear, but really, this is only about love ;-) Maggie
LoL!
Thank you Maggie, off course you're fully right, just a misspelling from me… Peach… Pear… My bad ;)

Asher Kelman

Lovely!

Please explain the colors of the two lupin like blooms in the b.g.

.....and those serendipitous butterflies!

Asher

Lovely!

Please explain the colors of the two lupin like blooms in the b.g.

.....and those serendipitous butterflies!

Asher
The lupines are wild lupines that grow all around here. I live very close to the woods and some have even crept up and grow in my backyard. They are taller than the blue ones in Texas; about 3-4 feet tall. The colors are all mixed, some completely blue, some purple, pinks, creams it's a mish mash of colors. As for the serendipitous butterflies, they are small butterflies that I' ve taken pictures of in my yard, the brown orange one is a skipper and the greenish one is a cabbage butterfly. They are quite small and I' ve added them manually with photoshop to make them look like the ones we see in classical paintings. Just a bit of fun! No such luck of them actually being there for the real photo! :-D

Jerome Marot

What is this? At first I thought a type of basil, but the flowers are all wrong. Are you growing peppers indoors?

I knew I would have your attention. Peppers (capsicum) are native from central America, therefore they are tropical plants. They don't need a winter break, they come from a part of the world where there is no winter. I keep this one inside for winter and more it outside when it is warm enough. It still bears flowers indoors, but little fruits as it lacks pollination.

I knew I would have your attention. Peppers (capsicum) are native from central America, therefore they are tropical plants. They don't need a winter break, they come from a part of the world where there is no winter. I keep this one inside for winter and more it outside when it is warm enough. It still bears flowers indoors, but little fruits as it lacks pollination.

That's very cool. You could try pollinating them with a Q-tip. (It might work! :-D) And it is fun that you participate in this thread. I think it is perfectly fine to be flexible with the interpretation of what is acceptable here.

Jerome Marot

That's very cool. You could try pollinating them with a Q-tip. (It might work! :-D)

I used a little brush. It does work, but I don't want the plants to bear lots of fruit because they are already stressed enough by the winter.

Edit: I realized I also took a picture of the whole plant:

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

That’s so unexpected. Are there other buds or that was on a shoot?

Do you have a slender camel hair brush for pollination?

Ashef

Jerome Marot

This cactus sometimes brings many flowers, it is unusual that there is only one. I have never tried pollinating them.

Asher Kelman

My wife raids my precious Cala Lilly patch reserved for my studio.

65FA86FE-A7A1-4A52-ACC0-56299FF927F6.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Cala for our Kitchen!”
IPhone XS Max

Jerome Marot

I have some cactuses growing at home. They are quite nice to have, necessitating little effort on my part besides finding a window facing south. I posted a flower of one a few days ago in a message above. Apparently, another plant, which I do not remember having seen flowering, decided it could do better:

DSC03310.jpg

Before Asher asks: I did not try with a brush. I left it outside during the day for the bees to do their job.

Asher Kelman

...and with the Fuji GFX and the Canon 40mm lightweight pancake lens

85BA6ABF-8AC1-4643-9B5F-F21EDE54CFDA.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Cala for our Kitchen!”
Fuji GFX + Techart Adapter- Canon 40mm EF

Asher Kelman

...and a snap at the window:

7C016D6F-ECBE-4961-9E84-656C881F17CC.jpeg

Asher Kelman: At the Window
iPhone Xs Max