• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

International Space Station

Robert Watcher

A perfect night to capture the International Space Station. We had the trajectory down pat for moving through my frame during the middle part of its 6 min crossing. Although I had no clue that tonight it would pass right through the view of the North Star (Polaris) - the white static star in the middle that all stars rotate around during the night —-- so that was pretty special.

340FD6FB-040C-4229-B987-F57F20AA5427.jpeg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Absolutely superb!
Nest time say Hi! to the guys up there for me ;)
I like the inclusion of Earth parts as the tree branches and the wind turbines

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

Fabulous image!

Such amazing sight leaves us spellbound,

You drew a web in the sky: how grand!

it’s in our subconscious!

It’s in our legends!

David hid in a cave behind one!

....and in our poetry!

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we start to deceive.

No, it’s not from Shakespeare!

This quotation, which is commonly thought to come from Shakespeare, specifically from Macbeth, is actually from a little-read poem by Walter Scott called Marmion. It seems to mean simply that small lies or deceptions can soon lead us into all sorts of supporting lies to the point where we are in a maze of deceit and almost don't know ourselves what the truth is. Most of us can recall a situation in childhood where we attempted to cover up something, from a parent for example, and soon found ourselves having to invent more untruths to support the first white lie.