• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

introduction

Jorik Blom

Hey all.
My name is Jorik Blom. I am originally from South Africa, but after spending 7 years or so traveling around the world, I finally settled in South Lake Tahoe California. I decided to focus on snowboard and winter sports photography, and it's been quite a fun ride. Especially for a guy from a country not exactly know for snow.
Since being in Tahoe, I have also been getting more and more involved in Wedding, Portrait and scenic photography, and I try to get a trip in once a year for some travel photography.
I look forward to interacting with other photographers and expanding my knowledge and get motivated by all your great work.
<a href="URL">www.jorikblomphotography.com</a>

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hey all.
My name is Jorik Blom. I am originally from South Africa, but after spending 7 years or so traveling around the world, I finally settled in South Lake Tahoe California. I decided to focus on snowboard and winter sports photography, and it's been quite a fun ride. Especially for a guy from a country not exactly know for snow.
Since being in Tahoe, I have also been getting more and more involved in Wedding, Portrait and scenic photography, and I try to get a trip in once a year for some travel photography.
I look forward to interacting with other photographers and expanding my knowledge and get motivated by all your great work.
<a href="URL">www.jorikblomphotography.com</a>

Hi Jorik,

So, are you Afrikaans? I remember so many jokes and the stories of the Voertrekkers and the colonies there. A great history!

I like your website surprisingly far more than I'd expect because it has music and flash and that usually is a turn off. I have never seen wedding pics in the snow. Good job. However, there's something earthy and honest about your delivery. I especially like you varied shots of the pregnant girl. A lot of variation in style. You have done a job that a family will value.

I hope you will share your pictures, from portraits and wedding to landscape!

Asher