• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Keira Lavelle

Jem Raid

I took some pics of her years ago saw one of her recently on Ello which reminded me of the ones we made. I dug out the old HDD with them on, I'd quite forgoten how good she is at posing. One of those people who can fill a space either on her own or by me doing the pose and she repeating it.

I used some paper I'd distressed for the backgound, a drawing for the 'floor' and a curvy flower on her body, put a gradient under the whole thing to harmonise the colours. What I wanted in this was the angularity of the paper and Keira's and the flowers curves to compete with each other. I did try a boring plain background it looked rubbish.

There's more on the HDD if anyone is interested.

J

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jem,

Excellent design and execution and a sensitive and pleasing model to boot!

I would like to know how you achieved that distressed look on such a huge scale that you could use it as a background!

Asher

Jem Raid

Hello Asher,

Thanks for the nice comment, Keira now commands £300 per day for her modelling skills, the pics I took of her some years ago when I was teaching my self how to make montages were made in her parents conservatory one Sunday afternoon.

I got some A4 cartridge paper drew on it with a rule and freehand, wet it, held it over a flame, then put some watercolour paint on it and scratched at that with a scalpel. Scanned it at 300 DPI, opened it in Ps, made a copy layer used a blend mode for a partial inversion and then a reveal all mask to combine the two images. Pasted it into a 4000 x 3000px x 180 DPI new file and used the transform tool to fit it into the frame.

Cheers - J

Asher Kelman

Hello Asher,

Thanks for the nice comment, Keira now commands £300 per day for her modelling skills, the pics I took of her some years ago when I was teaching my self how to make montages were made in her parents conservatory one Sunday afternoon.

I got some A4 cartridge paper drew on it with a rule and freehand, wet it, held it over a flame, then put some watercolour paint on it and scratched at that with a scalpel. Scanned it at 300 DPI, opened it in Ps, made a copy layer used a blend mode for a partial inversion and then a reveal all mask to combine the two images. Pasted it into a 4000 x 3000px x 180 DPI new file and used the transform tool to fit it into the frame.

Cheers - J
How did you print it?

Asher Kelman

Hello Asher,

Cheers - J
I am not sure whether this meant,

1. in the end adding as a print for the b.g. in your studio space, or

2. else your manipulation of the bg of Keira’s picture in PS?

Asher

Jim Olson

View attachment 1517

I took some pics of her years ago saw one of her recently on Ello which reminded me of the ones we made. I dug out the old HDD with them on, I'd quite forgoten how good she is at posing. One of those people who can fill a space either on her own or by me doing the pose and she repeating it.

I used some paper I'd distressed for the backgound, a drawing for the 'floor' and a curvy flower on her body, put a gradient under the whole thing to harmonise the colours. What I wanted in this was the angularity of the paper and Keira's and the flowers curves to compete with each other. I did try a boring plain background it looked rubbish.

J
WOW... I love it

Asher Kelman

View attachment 1517

Jim,

Yea she is a fabulous model! I would love you to share more from your hard drive!

That’s the best way of fighting the pandemic: harvest winners that we have neglected for years!

Asher