• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lady of the night - with video intro!

Paul Iddon

There's no reason as to why a ladybird should have appeared in the darkness of my garden this late in September - but none the less, there she was, as I was out looking for spiders...

Just to set the scene - after finding her and taking the first photos where I spotted her - the resulting images against a deep dark black background from using flash at night was not overly appealing to me, so I decided to create a quick outdoor studio by plucking the leaf where she was standing, relocating it, and adding a printed background to match her colours.

By moving the card and changing the light position, aperture, and ISO, creates small differences to the various image results.

I'm no David Attenborough, but enjoy it if you can (and excuse my Lancashire accent!)

These are the edits:

leaf_lady01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady08_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady07_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady06_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

leaf_lady04_4k-XL.jpg

leaf_lady05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Paul Iddon

Loved the video, Paul and have subscribed to you! :) Maggie
Very fun to see and love your accent! :) Maggie

Thank you Maggie! Always nice when someone subscribes (but it's a mish-mash boring channel) but watch out for sweary vids and dodge them, lol...

And the accent... to me I sound so earthy and common! :ROFLMAO:

Paul.