• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lichen in reflected of UV + UV induced visible fluorescence

Dr Klaus Schmitt

171033701.GNstfpko.Lichen20200913135820_c.jpg

Visible image, reflected UV, 2x UVIVF (different white balance)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Klaus,

Have you started to analyze what new information the special pictures might provide us? Do the different images all pick up living colonies?

What can one say about this lichen now?

Or this is way to early to have conclusions?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Everyone, here is an excellent reference to lichens as linchpin organisms in our environment.

Klaus, Can you possibly take macro pictures of your lichen, some time, so we can learn something of the structure.

Today I learned that lichens are neither plant no animal but a community of algae supported on a structure made by fungus!

Fascinating!

[We humans are constructed similarly with energy releasing simplified bacteria, (our mitochondria), living in the organized structure of each of our own trillions of cells!]

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Haven't done any analysis Asher, just always liked Lichen and have started taking multispectral images quite a while ago...
Fascinating they are indeed!!

Asher Kelman

Haven't done any analysis Asher, just always liked Lichen and have started taking multispectral images quite a while ago...
Fascinating they are indeed!!
Klaus’s,

Looking forward to more. You already have all the tools and experience. Just need to see the structure and where the different light and or fluorescence might be located.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I am looking forward to the good fortune and serendipity of finding new lichens to prove the metal of your best macro optics!

Asher