• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Light and hope?

fahim mohammed

The light is there. It might take a long time to reach us.

p3871281238-5.jpg

But who makes the decision..to determine who can or cannot witness the light?

p3859858176-5.jpg

I believe that The Light is for all of us to share. Let's witness the light together based on the humanity of that Light.
Some believe that light follows darkness; while others hold the view that darkness follows light. While there are those who contend that in between light and darkness are shades ( of grey/gray? ). which camp do you fall in?

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Without darkness we can appreciate light!

But I don’t believe in a thing or force called evil but we can live in dark times: a tsunami, famine, plague of locusts, plague of greed or arrogance.

But to fight back we have enormous resources as human beings: we are essentially kind and welcome the stranger, we are different, son-in-law any situation someone has skills or insights to help the community make it through almost any hardship.

The darkness bright by nature we cannot accept blame! However what about that of poverty?

This child could be a princess, the daughter of a powerful man, but my guess is that her fate has been set on a more difficult path. Perhaps she will have no education and will lead a life of hardship.

The latter is a state of unnecessary darkness.

Our biggest challenges are when we bring in darkness that has no cause outside of our free will:

• We hide the truth
  • We don’t share
  • We harden our hearts to the helpless
  • We fail to serve others
  • We don’t treasure other folks children
  • We use religion to control people and not to bring them light!
  • We fail to learn from errors of others
  • We dismiss science
  • We celebrate fashion sports and superficiality but not wisdom
Asher

The shades I can think about further.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Light has a mass/energy duality much like all matter/energy.
It travels as fast to and from anything really.
It’s sort of indiscriminate.
It’ll fall on the ocean in the same way it falls on some kid in Africa somewhere.
To enable us to see any of this the frequency of the photon needs to be within certain limits.
If the intensity is zero (ie, no photons) it’s black.
The level of intensity is a physiological perception of our brain.
The rest is our brain trying to resolve things we don’t understand.
That occurs at different levels with different people.
Attaching human qualities to photons isn’t on my dance card.
Humans do human stuff: light does whatever it does.
It’s probably easier to understand how light does it’s stuff than to figure out what the fuck humans do from day to day.

Asher Kelman

Given the literature background of Arab culture, I doubt that Fahim is thinking in strict terms energy of photons, but rather the metaphorical concept of light as representing our potential for empathy, warmth, justice and a humble but steadfast recognition of the worth of others.

But if he was, you would find it hard to match his knowledge of the physics binding the light to the laws of nature!

I would accept that Fahim assumes you know basic properties of light.

Rather, I believe he is guiding us to evaluate whether or not that we, as sentient privileged beings, are sufficiently cognizant of our responsibility to care for the child that fate has passed by or the woman who cries, as her daughters cannot go to school.

That’s my guess Tom, as to where Fahim is pointing us with this picture.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The light is there. It might take a long time to reach us.

p3871281238-5.jpg

But who makes the decision..to determine who can or cannot witness the light?

p3859858176-5.jpg

I believe that The Light is for all of us to share. Let's witness the light together based on the humanity of that Light.
Some believe that light follows darkness; while others hold the view that darkness follows light. While there are those who contend that in between light and darkness are shades ( of grey/gray? ). which camp do you fall in?
Bonjour mon ami @fahim mohammed !
So glad to hear from you :)
So which camp am I?
I am in the optimistic camp of hope.
Light and shadow can both be superb and magnificent, one cannot exists without the other.
I am a man on Earth, I don't need the force of believing for any "extra power" from any out of reach god, but I do respect those who are in this need(s).
My personal photography is filled by light(s) and shadow(s). You might pay a visit to my diary during our confinement. (Diary #Stayhome #COVIDー19 #Restecheztoi)
I do Believe in mankind with it's force built by solidarity(ies), friendship(s), love(s). Empathy.
Hate, racism, slavery are the arms that must be fought with determination.

Confined hugs to you and your family and friends. Take care.

04_NCL5593.jpg

Bangladesh - 2013​

fahim mohammed

Asher, Tom, Nicolas...

Thanks for your considered views.

Being categorized in the highest risk category re: COVID19, I have nothing much to do except some musings.
Thoughts run from here to there...the things I miss the most are my kids and grandkids. All kids are medical professionals; even though one stays with us ( Ayesha too is considered in the high risk < my risk level category ), we only converse via phone or some app.

My medicines were running out this Wednesday..I called my hospital and a 3 month shipment of all my meds was delivered to me in 2 days. I am blessed and grateful. As are all my family.

But hearing the news from around the world, I realize that most are not similarly privileged. However cheesy it might sound, I thank The Lord.

Asher, Tom, Nicolas, whatever your beliefs..I hope that those beliefs give you the strength and safety to face this pandemic.

May all remain safe and protected from this virus. And a silent salute to those that are in the front line countering this threat.
And a prayer for those that sadly succumbed.

Best wishes.

Jerome, thank you for your well wishes. We might disagree but it at a superficial and insignificant metric.
Stay safe.

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

We in the USA can learn from health systems that are unified, comprehensive and free to all!

Here we have no organized government heath system with universal standards and Exec was reserve capacity!

The Trump Government is loathe to use its immense powers to simply order companies to make what’s needed.

Dependence on just China for everything cheap has closed down independant capacity worldwide!

Foolish!

Thank God you and your family are safe! But the virus has no knowledge of deference to Educated folk, peasants, admirals or generals!

All, (or most), of us, here, I believe, are in the most vulnerable categories of risk!

As long as we practice social distances in our cages we cannot be infected!

But still we needed a locksmith and my son needed 3 workers to deal with a leaking pipe and water from a ceiling in their new home!

I was blessed to see my grandchildren swimming in the pool through my windows!

But no hugs!

We have to be grateful that they are fed and well!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Elhamadulliah, we have to be thankful to Almighty Allah at all times. And how we react in diversity to all beings, not just for ourselves is to me, the value of
being human.

Elhamadulliah, the government here enacted stringent safety measures very early on. Our health services and medical cities were mobilised early on as we deal with this pandemic. The Custodian of the two Holy Mosques, King Salman, has instructed all hospitals and heLth services, public and government to provide unlimited care to all residents within my country. Citizens and residents. And even those that some elsewhere refer to as ‘ undocumented workers or aliens ‘. Without the necessity to prove being a legal resident in my country or otherwise.

I pray for the safety and well being of all us. Within my country and across the globe.

Asher Kelman

In the USA, public hospitals treat all folk with no means for free! Been so for decades.

But they won’t accept people for free who are not poor or who don’t have insurance!

All religious hospitals and for profit institutions accept a minimum set of the indigent, citizens or not.

France and many other European states are just as your Kingdom, Fahim. They don’t even make any announcements. No discussion. Hospitals are for sick folk!

The stupid thing here is that there should be one unified health system. Only then can a unified response to health be mounted! A heart-attack first from atherosclerosis...
.....and then a second one when you get the bill from the hospital, LOL!

Asher