• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lunch with a friend

Tom dinning

Registrant*
A442AEE1-2423-41B9-9D5A-7330062DBB39.jpeg

This is not the end point of a project, nor effort to transform. It does not represent one thing, possibly recognised as such. It is a part of a pathway, a pebble in a stream, a cloud passing overhead, a thought now forgotten, an action spent, energy transformed.
Don’t search for meaning. That is mine. An accumulation of directions only I could follow, did follow, and now arrive here. Now it’s gone and only this point has been recorded in some way.

I grab the tools I have at hand before the moment passes but it is always too late; or early. Moments before everything was different. Then I choose. And now is now, or then. And the future will unfold as it would by my next action.
There are always memories. Mental glimpses of what was then; not left behind but brought forward until they fade or become part of me.
There are influences, pounding at our brain, pushing and pulling from all directions, encouraging and discouraging, demanding and resisting. Each one plays its part on what we are until we move. We breathe and bleed what we have been into now. There is no waiting. Next comes fast. We are here, then we are at another here: there. And once again it has gone.

Look away now. What do you remember of this moment. Take it with you into the next.

Our reality is fleeting. Others recognise us and we are never the same. We are capable of lying, deceit, exaggeration, obfuscation, fraud and hypocrisy, yet we seek reality. Such contradictions are nearby, always, intrinsic and extrinsic to our form. We can let nothing just be as it is.

Here you see a process, commenced 73 years ago; even before that. At some point I chose to record it as it had developed. That’s what we do.

That’s what this is.

For you it will have a different beginning and a place now.

Charlotte Thompson

Tom
You are speaking of time which us humans cannot fathom or see because of it super fleeting light spectrum chasm of time It is called " catch me if you can " Why did you choose those colors btw ? I think your intention of this has something going for it If I were you it would make a great project to work on albeit impossible? It seems as though light time and space consumes us and we as humans ponder Yikes where did all this time go and where is it hidden ?

Charlotte

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom
You are speaking of time which us humans cannot fathom or see because of it super fleeting light spectrum chasm of time It is called " catch me if you can " Why did you choose those colors btw ? I think your intention of this has something going for it If I were you it would make a great project to work on albeit impossible? It seems as though light time and space consumes us and we as humans ponder Yikes where did all this time go and where is it hidden ?

Charlotte

Speaking in time is closer to the mark, Charlotte.
My thoughts, governed by two distinct voices in my head, circle around the existence of time and it’s relationship to our existence as a universe, and that perspective humans have of its progression and indicator of events.

We often thinks of an event beginning and ending as if time pauses momentarily, or changes its pace.
There’s also the concept of time being infinite and not having a beginning or end which is difficult to get our head around.

This complex mix also produces some fanciful possibilities that we often move to when we don’t understand.

Of late, my voices have been teasing with the idea of visualising and verbalising this collection of science and superstition.

The indigenous Australians have their dream time and quite happily paint it and incorporate it into stories.

I’m struggling with a lot. Firstly, I don’t paint. I’ve taken up drawing with coloured pencils and feel myself being pulled to the abstraction of thoughts. I’m working on that. It’s slow.

Meanwhile I find solace in some paint apps which allow me to free up my thoughts and see them unwind on the screen.

The images all have a photographic origin and are part of my collection as it were.

At least I have something to keep me occupied.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
BE0B7AC4-3803-4E4F-9B6E-792850BE3DF1.jpeg

If I say, with some trepidation, that the process begins without intent then at any point I can stop the process and record what has eventuated and suggest the image is random and unintentional.

But I do wonder how this might be achieved if each action we do is as a result of some thought process which, in turn, is a result of input of intrinsic and extrinsic nature. That each event is as a result of the previous.

I can’t imagine anyone in the past intentionally putting into place or assuming and action a series of events or even the first move that would result in me sitting in my armchair writing this right now.
Yet here I am. Doing just that. And if I were to trace back the steps that got me here they would be never ending, until time began.

Humans ponder this sort of thing. It’s another series of steps to ........
BE0B7AC4-3803-4E4F-9B6E-792850BE3DF1.jpeg