• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Macro photography of window sill succulents

Robert Watcher

My wife Anne’s Instagram picture of her little flower grouping this morning, got me inspired to take a few macro shots of those new flowers that she noticed on her window sill succulents.

Until I went out and had a look, I did not realize how small the flowers are. They are no more than 1/4 inch across. Anne did an even better job that I gave her credit for.

It’s hard to show the perspective, but I attempted to by placing my index finger in one of the shots. A ruler may have been better.

While I appreciate purity of subject matter, my preference is often to turn what I am photographing into more artistic visuals. Really appreciating the on1 Photo Raw software on my MacMiniM1 in aiding my creative urges.

Beautiful little things

E76CDCB7-A59D-45F8-A31C-95502340663B.jpeg

0F4B182E-5D67-4DF6-A6D3-5548E0AE6981.jpeg

723A35F3-BBC4-40CB-A183-CFEBF9C3D5A6.jpeg

E32D5B2F-93E4-4E63-9015-746B4369EACE.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are remarkable, Robbert. It’s only in the last 20 years that succulents have penetrated so deeply in North American flower culture.

Anne is a good stimulus.

Asher