• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Meet Chloe

Doug Kerr

I know many of you recall my posting about the sad death about a month ago of our precious dog Isabel, who succumbed to lymphoma. She had been a wonderful friend, especially to Carla during her recovery from cancer surgery and the ensuing punishing course of chemotherapy.

We realized how much having a dog in the house (which we had not had for a number of years) added to our lives. So Carla contacted the woman through whom we had gotten Isabel (she is a volunteer with the local rescue agency, and runs sort of a "halfway house" for dogs to be adopted) and told her of our interest in having another dog join us.

We interviewed several candidates, and chose Chloe (non, pas Chloé). We had not wanted to have a dog that looked a lot like Isabel (as Chloe does), but we ended up doing pretty much that. She has a wonderful personality and seems to be very bright. So here she is with Carla:

R04862-01-s800.jpg

Here she is looking for her wristwatch, which she is pretty sure fell off the edge of the sofa:

R04880-01-s800.jpg

She is apparently mostly Chihuahua, maybe a chiweenie, but perhaps with less weenie than Isabel. She seems to have a great deal of affinity for the Chihuahuan Desert, of which we have a small bit just outside our back door. It is thought that she is about 8 years old, but who knows.

At The Dog House (the "halfway house" I mentioned), they have several doggie doors, so she was already skilled at operating them.

We look forward to having Chloe as a part of our family.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Wonderful!

How old is she?

Teach her the doggie door!

Asher
Hi, Asher,

Its is thought that she is about 8 years old.

She already knew how to operate a doggie door - she learned at the "doggie halfway house" where she had been staying.

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher,

Its is thought that she is about 8 years old.

She already knew how to operate a doggie door - she learned at the "doggie halfway house" where she had been staying.

Doug
Isn’t 8 years old nearly aged for a dog’s lifespan?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

It is said that chihuahuas typically live to 12-16 years of age.

If she is in fact 8 years old (and she, as for many females, won't talk about that), she is perhaps at the same stage of life as a human at the age of 50.

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher,

It is said that chihuahuas typically live to 12-16 years of age.

If she is in fact 8 years old (and she, as for many females, won't talk about that), she is perhaps at the same stage of life as a human at the age of 50.

Doug
Great, I was concerned, as I had no idea how long dogs live!

So you have a decade of happiness at least to enjoy!

Asher

I'm happy for you Doug, this new pet will help fill the void of the dog you loved and lost. Pets are marvelous creatures that bring us much joy! Congrats!

Doug Kerr

Here is Chloe, taking a break from playing with her favorite doll. Zoe.

20220725_123251-01-s800.jpg

C. C. Crittenden: Chloe and Zoe

Zoe is of unknown breed. She has only hind legs, and a fabulous tail.

This was shot on Carla's Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone.

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited: