• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Robert Watcher

Anne’s purchase of flowers to freshen up our apartment yesterday, provided a nice subject for me to get motivated and creative with my camera and new processing application, this morning.

EB4C8B91-AD0E-4EC2-AE55-A9B89C155DF3.jpeg

F42E81DB-4FBD-445C-97BE-C0045DDC7CE3.jpeg

F25B6B59-DB3B-452F-AAAA-D32CE9D81C13.jpeg

Simple bouquet - simple table light - simple camera - creative concepts
5A2AB0CF-08F7-4F8B-A1A4-C967D6CD663B.jpeg

backing shot taken with iPad camera​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

Why the new camera? What does it add?

The new software is the Alien Skin rebrand Exposure?

Yes it all works together well. You’d have needed an antique LF lens to get this result!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Robert,

Why the new camera? What does it add?

The new software is the Alien Skin rebrand Exposure?

Yes it all works together well. You’d have needed an antique LF lens to get this result!

Asher

Not a new camera. Same old gear I’ve always had. That last pic was just taken with my iPad once I took the shots and set my camera and glasses down in the space I was shooting in.

“Simple camera” is referring to my base model Olympus E-M10 with a simple 45mm f1.8 prime lens.

I have been making really good use of the two OttLite table lamps my daughter-in-law picked up cheap at a clear out store ($10 each). We needed them to add some light to our bedroom and my work table —- but the decently bright LED lights with 3 different colour temperatures, as well as their ability to twist the light source into any direction, has allowed me to put them to good use for small product photography, as well as these flowers. In fact this one light with its short distance to the subject, allowed me to shoot at very low ISO and still a fast shutter speed near wide open.

And yes, I upgraded the 30 day Trial of Exposure X6 to the paid version this morning (found a 10% off coupon in a Youtube video) - and made sure to go into my Adobe account and cancel that plan. Sure enough it was set to Auto Renew in a couple of weeks. I am totally sold on X6 for my style of photography and file organization needs. (y)

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

BTW. I am really appreciating being able to use Layers with X6. I still need to send out to Affinity Photo using Edit a Copy, to be able to use Image Layers for compositing —- but just being able to do masking adjustments and layering of different presets or settings and being able to mask out different areas if needed, is wonderful. Totally expands on what I could ever do in Lightroom. All above images are created with 4 to 6 Layers to have total control over the final result. And everything like Lightroom (not Photoshop though) is Non-Destructive.

So here is my receipt that shows the US pricing with discount, along with the 10% off Code that I found on Youtube that worked for me today (I tried several, before this one that were no longer valid)

85B4FB60-9A63-45AE-8438-611A9B5E80FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Great!

Link to the coupon please!

Does this work on the iPhone too? Or only a tablet or computer?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Then there’s Photoshop smart “CONTENT AWARE FILL” using estimation of what should be in that area. It’s so much part of my work to get rid of blemishes or large foreign objects!

Is that in “Affinity”?

Asher

Robert Watcher

Great!

Link to the coupon please!

Does this work on the iPhone too? Or only a tablet or computer?

Asher

the coupon code that I used is on the Invoice. That’s why I share the screenshot.

it‘s not designed as a Photoshop replacement. I have Affinity Photo for the odd time I need compositing with layers or Content Aware Fill (called Inpainting). I’m needing it as a Lightroom replacement, and it does that well for my workflow.

does not work on tablet or iPhone. Affinity Photo does