• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My Street Shots

James Lemon

L1020558_00001.jpg

L1000074_00001.jpg

L1010190_00001.jpg

L1010230_00001.jpg

L1010903_00001.jpg

L1020160_00001.jpg
L1010156_00001.jpg
L1020910_00001.jpg
DSC_0236_2_00001_01.jpg

View attachment 7042
DSC_0281_00001.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Certain color sequences I really like. Others leave me mystified, but I guess you have your reasons!

Asher Kelman

Was that your intent: to purposely allow us associations as you reason for posting these particular images, or you simply decided to post a major part of your large street collection?

Asher

Asher Kelman

James,

How do you respond to my pairings? Does it add anything for you if you saw them in pairs in an exhibition?

Asher

Asher Kelman

At the end of the day I don't think it matters.
James,

That might be for you, the photographer. It’s within your rights, obviously!

However, order and proximity would certainly matter to a curator of your exhibition. They take great pains to think out an optimum order as each work has an influence on us and so potentially alters our perception.
Just my $0.02 for pictures I like!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

That might be for you, the photographer. It’s within your rights, obviously!

However, order and proximity would certainly matter to a curator of your exhibition. They take great pains to think out an optimum order as each work has an influence on us and so potentially alters our perception.
Just my $0.02 for pictures I like!

Asher

Personally I like to wonder around in no particular order or sequence.

L1020398_00001_01.jpg

James Lemon

These pictures remind me of Robert Frank, but in color.
I like this, James. Good job!

Both you and Chris Calohan use the prevailing mist that you chance upon, very effectively!

Asher

Asher, Jerome

Thanks for your comments... glad you like it Asher! I am aware of the famous photographer Robert Frank but only vaguely familiar with his work. I understood that he did favor a 28mm lens. Most of the images posted in this thread are made with a 28mm as well, so that may have something to do with the familiarity Jerome?

Best, regards
James

Jerome Marot

I am aware of the famous photographer Robert Frank but only vaguely familiar with his work. I understood that he did favor a 28mm lens. Most of the images posted in this thread are made with a 28mm as well, so that may have something to do with the familiarity Jerome?

It is difficult to say. I would say that they treat the same subject half a century appart with a similar vision. But maybe it simply is that I do not live on your continent, and the scenes are foreign to me, yet from the same cultural background.

James Lemon

It is difficult to say. I would say that they treat the same subject half a century appart with a similar vision. But maybe it simply is that I do not live on your continent, and the scenes are foreign to me, yet from the same cultural background.

One thing is for sure that things have radically changed. The only thing that hasn't is the fact that women have been dyeing their hair for many centuries

Jerome Marot

They are great pictures, James, and the color of the women's hair is not what makes them interesting, obviously.

Jim Olson

This is too funny but I'm listening to The Chainsmokers are now. I saw the poster & starting to laugh.
But I do love your pictures...