• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Rose Bud

NewRose-1.jpg

New Rose Bud​

Tell me what you think?
Is it cropped too tightly?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
NewRose-1.jpg

New Rose Bud​

Tell me what you think?
Is it cropped too tightly?

Hi Cody,

I like this much better. It's fresh and unusual.

I think it needs the rest of the foliage on the bottom and the right.

Yes you're right too! It can be done differently, of course. However, if the center was sharpened and given an increased contrast and the periphery was vignetted and very slightly blurred it might come out much stronger. Just another point of view.

Cody,

BTW, the cyan hue over the whole picture? Is that your vision or some artifact?

Asher

Asher

Asher Kelman

Tell me what you think? Is it cropped too tightly?

NewRose-1.jpg

Cody Whiite:New Rose Bud

Original

Cody,

One could say that, but not necessarily. It all depends on the dynamics. You current presentation s even handed and flat and t seems to have a cyan hue.

Here's what I'd think you might consider:

NewRose-1_AK.jpg

Cody White: New Rose Bud

Edited to Reduce Cyan & distribute attention within the frame

Asher Kelman

Is this edit any better
NewRose-1-1.jpg

Asher, I left the edges sharp cause I did this in a focus stacking program.

Yours is far better now, don't you think. Still look at mine again, there may be more yet to appreciate, if I have done it right, a sense of the dynamic energy of the bud, ready to burst out.

Asher

Last edited:
Cody,

One could say that, but not necessarily. It all depends on the dynamics. You current presentation s even handed and flat and t seems to have a cyan hue.

Here's what I'd think you might consider:

NewRose-1_AK.jpg

Cody White: New Rose Bud

Edited to Reduce Cyan & distribute attention within the frame
Asher,

I didn't forget about commenting on your edit, just needed a little time to study it.

I like how you lightened it up, I do think the edges are blurred a little too far in, also the background looks a little too Grey.

Asher Kelman

Asher,

I didn't forget about commenting on your edit, just needed a little time to study it.

I like how you lightened it up, I do think the edges are blurred a little too far in, also the background looks a little too Grey.

If it is blurred too much for you then consider instead that the center is much sharper than your version. Also you might be less drastic in the cropping. One needs to relieve the uniformity of your original image, drastic as t might seem, but that's just one point of view and no more than that!

Asher