• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Newts

Paul Iddon

These photographs were taken in a controlled conservation area (I am registered with an organisation/charity as a volunteer).

I should point out about the great crested newt:

Due to enormous declines in range and abundance in the last century, the great crested newt is strictly protected by British and European law which makes it an offence to: kill, injure, capture or disturb them; damage or destroy their habitat; and to possess, sell or trade. This law refers to all great crested newt life stages, including eggs.

Please see the following regarding the GCN > FROGLIFE

Great crested newts are the largest of the UK's three native species. They are dark brown or black in colour with a distinct ‘warty’ skin. The underside is bright orange with irregular black blotches. Please remember too, being highly protected in law, that you cannot hold them if you find them (except for rescue purposes).

Let finish by saying I am privileged to be able to photograph these amphibians - and that the conservation work we do on our secure nature reserve, is critically important. I will share more images to this thread when possible.

gcn_01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_02_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_04_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_06_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These photographs were taken in a controlled conservation area (I am registered with an organisation/charity as a volunteer).

I should point out about the great crested newt:

Due to enormous declines in range and abundance in the last century, the great crested newt is strictly protected by British and European law which makes it an offence to: kill, injure, capture or disturb them; damage or destroy their habitat; and to possess, sell or trade. This law refers to all great crested newt life stages, including eggs.

Please see the following regarding the GCN > FROGLIFE

Great crested newts are the largest of the UK's three native species. They are dark brown or black in colour with a distinct ‘warty’ skin. The underside is bright orange with irregular black blotches. Please remember too, being highly protected in law, that you cannot hold them if you find them (except for rescue purposes).

Let finish by saying I am privileged to be able to photograph these amphibians - and that the conservation work we do on our secure nature reserve, is critically important. I will share more images to this thread when possible.

gcn_01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_02_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_04_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

gcn_06_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.
Wonderful opportunity and a great cause!

These are natures sentinels!

Asher