• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A young woman totally naked but for a Covid mask and head beanie, marched confidentially and calmly towards the militarized armed for in Portland Oregon that had been abusing protestors for days.

2BA318B8-28C1-48ED-870B-88802524F8F9.jpeg

Sheshowed no fear. The police fired various anti crowd dwvicesctowards he feet but she didn’t flinch and stared them out. A man with a make shift shield tried protect her but she side stepped him. She wanted direct confrontation and pointed her empty hand to them in a stared down. Then she sat down and did various mallet and yoga poisons and poses.

Opening her legs wide was he final move and they backed off and scooted away in their cars! It turns out that protesting Nude in Portland Oregon is a “Protected Free Speech” Right!

To me she is a damned brave heroine!

She just vanished into the crowds and no one knows her identity!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher, it looks to me as though the woman was Photoshopped into the image. Tell me why I’m wrong about this.
Cheers, Mike
Mike,

Because we have tons of video of that too from different news outlets. It’s unbelievable, amazing and fully substantiated!

Anything less than that brash nude confrontation would have resulted in her getting whacked with police batons or knocked to the ground!

She left then stunned!

I spent time to check the authenticity of the story and it checks out.

To me, she’s a a crazy Joan d’Arc, a heroine!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Good for her! My comment was about that particular photo rather than the story itself. Cheers, Mike
Technically, this is rather complicated to falsify in the distribution of backlighting “rim-light” effects and shadows. Given her total aggressive behavior, this is reasonably in context.

I didn’t check videos frame by frame to identify the source or check the EXIF as yet!

Asher

Asher Kelman

She turns out to be a early 30’s sex worker. Still to me that’s all the more nervy of her. I think she’s a heroine!

The police did take it out later on the fellow who tried to shield her.

She was defiant and refused to be protected. She wasn’t going to have her act protected by anyone. She insisted on directly confronting them and her will power and feminist stance paid off, as they retreated!

Asher

Asher Kelman

And how would the story look like if the same action had been taken by a man?
Jerome,

Sadly, I am sorry to admit that the outcome would have been far different. Everything would be OK at 10 meters or more. They could just fire gas grenades or rubber bullets.

But approaching within “touching“ distance would have been disasterous, in my opinion.

Likely as not he would have been brutally knocked down.

American males, (especially working class men folk who join the police), can’t deal with male frontal nudity adjacent to their “space”,

[......unless it was officially sanctioned, such as in the sports locker room after a game.]

In this instance, happening in public, they would get reflexly angry, reacting eruptively, with primordial brutality, as if this was a purposeful aggressive homosexual affront.

Such is the fragility of the male ego!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Sadly, I am sorry to admit that the outcome would have been far different. Everything would be OK at 10 meters or more. They could just fire gas grenades or rubber bullets.

But approaching within “touching“ distance would have been disasterous, in my opinion.

That woman is not at touching distance, from the photograph above the distance seems to be over 10 meters.

She is also spreading her legs to, according to the article, display her genitals. The significance of the display is not clear to me, but I would think that the same display of male genitals would have been perceived differently. We can only speculate what would happen if the person would have been transexual, that is with a female body but male genitals. In truth, we do not know. I am actually surprised that the police did not catch her, wrap her in a blanket and bring her into custody.

In my mind, the event is deeply wrong on several levels. What this woman did is against the law. The police duty would be to stop it. They did not, because of the special circumstances of the event and for reasons which are not quite clear at this point. But it remains that we have an account of an event where the rule of law failed, in a country which is supposed to still be democratic.

There are even more reasons to worry when this is not a single event and it is not. From the femen to pussy riot (links to wikipedia not "safe for work" as they show female nudity), we have had several groups using the female body as a political lever. I understand why they do it: the TV loves these displays so they have a sure spot on prime time news, but I don't think it helps the cause of women and I don't think that a country politics should be run by TV news.

To be clear: I am not offended by nudity (female or male) and, would I be a judge in the USA, I would not fine this woman beyond the minimum permissible by law (e.g. a token 1$, maybe). I am just saying that there is something wrong here.

Asher Kelman

That woman is not at touching distance, from the photograph above the distance seems to be over 10 meters.

Jérôme,

in the many accompanying videos, she actually goes right up to the police lines and lectures them. After all they have been beating, gassing and shooting peaceful protesters.

She is also spreading her legs to, according to the article, display her genitals.

Actually it says,

“Look I am female, as sacred as your daughters and mothers and from where you were born. Respect our worth and humanity!”

In my extensive study of the Genocide by the Turks of Armenian Christians, I found a report by the Italian Consul looking from his window in the Port of Trebizond on the Black Sea. The Turk soldiers were rounding up Armenian Woman to be crowded on flimsy rafts and drowned. Prior to that, younger wonen were being openly raped in public.

A young Muslim woman broke through the crowd screaming for the Turk officers to halt the the cruel bedlam. She was ignored. She climbed on a wagon and screamed at the officers to stop the rapes. They ignored just a woman.

So she stripped naked and then the officer order all the soldiers to turn around as seeing a Muslim woman naked was a disgrace.

The woman then brought in helpers to rescue scores of young girls and save them and spirit them away.

Woman have used their vulnerability and nakedness as the final protest to powerful men through out history!
I am actually surprised that the police did not catch her, wrap her in a blanket and bring her into custody.
Contrary to common belief, public nudity laws are varied. In many locations it requires someone else to be suffering and complain in order for the woman to have to cover up breasts. Genitals is another matter.

In a clearly “political“ demonstration, however, nudity is considered an accepted part of “speech” and likely as not, totally protected under the US Constitution.

In my mind, the event is deeply wrong on several levels. What this woman did is against the law. The police duty would be to stop it. They did not, because of the special circumstances of the event and for reasons which are not quite clear at this point.

Well, Jérôme,

Have I adequately explained the law?

But it remains that we have an account of an event where the rule of law failed, in a country which is supposed to still be democratic.

Again, the rule of law allows that “nudity” can be part of free political speech!

There are even more reasons to worry when this is not a single event and it is not. From the femen to pussy riot (links to wikipedia not "safe for work" as they show female nudity), we have had several groups using the female body as a political lever. I understand why they do it: the TV loves these displays so they have a sure spot on prime time news, but I don't think it helps the cause of women and I don't think that a country politics should be run by TV news.

To me, it’s a very effective way of damping down the police aggression.

In some demonstrations, woman line up with children to block the police from charging and beating people.
Here, police unions are very powerful and have negotiated contracts making it very hard to hold criminal police behavior to account. We have actual tattoos gangs of Sheriffs who celebrate each time they trap and kill someone! It’s like being a hunter!

if police are called for a domestic argument, that’s an opportunity to bag a kill. Here in LA, a woman called the police on a hot evening as she heard neighbors fighting. They came up the apartment staircase and saw her as she was adjust her sticky dress, and ordered her to drop her weapon. Minutes later she was dead of multiple bullets!

in my city, however, they dont

To be clear: I am not offended by nudity (female or male) and, would I be a judge in the USA, I would not fine this woman beyond the minimum permissible by law (e.g. a token 1$, maybe). I am just saying that there is something wrong here.

To me, the woman is a heroine. I have no doubt, that at the very least she saved one man’s skull one woman’s ribs from batons and fractures!

If police commanders and captains received a monthly bonus, only if no shots were fired and no injuries occur, I assure you this pointless violence would cease!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Woman have used their vulnerability and nakedness as the final protest to powerful men through out history!

That does not make it legal. It may make it the right thing to do, as it was in your historical example, but then it means the laws should be changed. I feel this is an important difference.

In a clearly “political“ demonstration, however, nudity is considered an accepted part of “speech” and likely as not, totally protected under the US Constitution.

This is amusing Asher. Now I have to ask you to prove your theory and walk around your house, naked, as a part of this "political" demonstration. No, I am not joking.

Here, police unions are very powerful and have negotiated contracts making it very hard to hold criminal police behavior to account. We have actual tattoos gangs of Sheriffs who celebrate each time they trap and kill someone! It’s like being a hunter!

Yes, I know the problem. Yet, two wrongs do not make a right, which is what I am arguing here. Maybe I should say it again: the problem I see with this story is not the female nudity. The problem I see here is what is acceptable is what will make the 9 o'clock news. This, I think, is the underlying reason why a woman could do it and a man would not get that free pass. As a consequence, your country (and I am afraid mine as well...) is run by the 9 o'clock news. But you can't run a country by the 9 o'clock news, if you do, you might end up electing a game show host as president. With fake hair. Oops.

Asher Kelman

In the case of this woman, forget the law, she did the right thing. She broke no law and likely saved severe injury to more than a few peaceful protesters. Demonstrators should be trained to have their own marshals.

[Unfortunately, at times, right wing and occasionally, left wing agent-provocateurs try to infiltrate protests to precipitate violence!]

If I walked around naked the police would politely ask me to cover up. If a woman walks around showing her breasts, the police would arrive and try to trick the woman to having to cover up, but she could state that men can go shirtless and she can stand her ground. If families complain then the law may be stricter. Here in Beverly Hills if there are complaints then the police arrive and cover you with a blanket!

In a regular street or beach not having genitals covered is in most places a misdemeanor and considered a nuisance and you won’t be arrested just asked to cover up, male or female. If you refuse, then an arrest follows. If you argue, be prepared to be roughly handled!

in a political demonstration, however, (unless a male gets in touching distance of a male police officer), they are reasonably safe from a beating, but not from gas.

Asher