• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

objects

fahim mohammed

Enjoyed this...brilliant Asher.

Sits on the ground, eats with his hands
how gross is fahim; so they say
Sits on a camel,tall and high
how cruel is fahim to animals; so they say
Showing a Leica, a camera or two
boasting must be fahim; so they say
Putting on a summilux too, horrid horrid
must be vain, this fahim; so they say
Lived in a hut, made of clay
must not be his; so they say
Hanging sheets, to cool the air
must be lying, this fahim; so they say

Posting photos on OPF; sacrilege
must not allow that from fahim; so they say
But there was a man; Asher was he called
of fleas and bugs and ants he talked
Photos, photos, photos is what he sought
from fahim or david he cared not
so long as he approved; the one Asher that was called

The photos from fahim will be terrible; cause people to leave
from forum OPF to somewhere else; so they say
Photos I want, from fahim or david is what I say
of camels or mammals post they may
Let the people say, what they say
fahim or david; post away

Regards.

p97235528.jpg

Fahim,

First a camel, then a hardly common Leica, lens and all! Mundane? For me they're both higly exotic, LOL! For my Father in Law, the Hasselblad was really mundane. They were lying all over the place! So it's all a matter of where one is located in life. One can do the same exercise with "organic", where a "a flea can bite the bottom of the Pope in Rome" (Les Miserables) would fit just nicely! Organic indeed!

GAVROCHE
They laugh at me, these fellas,
Just because I am small
They laugh at me because I'm not hundred feet tall!
I tell 'em there's aot to learn down here on the ground
The world is big, but little people turn it around!

A worm can roll a stone
A bee can sting a bear
A fly can fly around Versailles
'Cos flies don't care!
A sparrow in a hut
Can make a happy home
A flea can bite the bottom
Of the Pope in Rome!

Gaoliath was a buiser who was tall as the sky.
But David threw a right and gave him one in the eye.
I never read the Bible but I know that it's true
It only goes to show what little people can do!

I found the case in the trash on the pavement, (I love this shot I'll never trash the picture) one of the so few early mornings when I got up before the dusk.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
yellowtruck.jpg

yellow.truck.grey - M Hampton

I like the picture, Mark, but for sure am flummoxed by the title!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I liked Ken's elite utensils. They really add class! This is far more mundane but in the same utensil class!

_MG_0121 copy.jpg

Asher Kelman: Identicality

Asher

Prateek Dubey

Hello Asher,
If you were to turn the picture upside down, then this 'utensil' would turn into a time warp. Since the object itself is not primary and how it displays the world is, I would concentrate on that aspect of its personality..

ps : This is for the first image..

Asher Kelman

Hello Asher,
If you were to turn the picture upside down, then this 'utensil' would turn into a time warp. Since the object itself is not primary and how it displays the world is, I would concentrate on that aspect of its personality..

ps : This is for the first image..

Prateek,

That's happens to be a self portrait, LOL!

Asher

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Asher,
Those basins are lovely! An excellent subject nicely photographed. (If you were to take another swing at this I would be very tempted to horizontally center the basins. the slight eccentricity is a bit off-putting and not productive.)

What makes this image attractive is our involuntary compulsion to first "see" familiar forms in any object. Of course here we see an image peering back at us with those shocked eyes. But we quickly realize out silliness at such recognizance and then turn to salute the photographer who has just has his way with our minds for a moment.

Asher Kelman

Asher,
Those basins are lovely! An excellent subject nicely photographed. (If you were to take another swing at this I would be very tempted to horizontally center the basins. the slight eccentricity is a bit off-putting and not productive.)

What makes this image attractive is our involuntary compulsion to first "see" familiar forms in any object. Of course here we see an image peering back at us with those shocked eyes. But we quickly realize out silliness at such recognizance and then turn to salute the photographer who has just has his way with our minds for a moment.

Ken,

That's so kind of you! I appreciate too the suggestion to straighten the image. Yes you are entirely correct. I'll do that. The picture before is portrait #1. I could have but didn't flip t upside down.

Asher

Jim Galli

Asher,

Concur, but like it asymetrical :~'))

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Jim,

Thanks for your words. From the "Prince of Soft Focus", (with discarded lens treasures from the last century gathered for you by loyal Hobbits and your little green men), this is a real compliment!

Asher