• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Paul from Preston in England.

Paul Iddon

My name is Paul Iddon, and I from Preston, in England (UK).

My passion is macro, and despite my knees creaking and every day getting harder to get to ground level, I still love this genre more than any other.

Nice to be here.

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My name is Paul Iddon, and I from Preston, in England (UK).

My passion is macro, and despite my knees creaking and every day getting harder to get to ground level, I still love this genre more than any other.

Nice to be here.

Paul.
Preston, Lancashire?

Welcome, Paul!

Whets you’re camera and lens setup and havecyou every used focus stacking in your macro passion!

Asher

Paul Iddon

Preston, Lancashire?

Welcome, Paul!

Whets you’re camera and lens setup and havecyou every used focus stacking in your macro passion!

Asher

HI Asher, and thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, Preston, England's newest city no less.

I use the Canon EOS 70D and a Venus 60mm macro lens - this stays on camera 99% of the time!

I have tried focus stacking and while that gets some good results, I just love the limited depth of field the genre has in it's own right - and I almost alays shoot at f/11, so that is not very much!

Paul.

Paul Iddon

I've never had the MPE-65 so no comparison I can make from personal use. I got the Venus as a test unit originally when it first came on the market, and I am blown away by the quality it can produce.

I have used both of Canons 100mm macro lenses and if only the Venus had autofocus and IS it would be a world beater.

As it is, I believe it is stunning for the price.

Paul.

Hi Paul! Welcome. I saw your macro of a spider and I can see why you enjoy it, you do it very well! I'm not much of a spider enthusiast, but I do like a good photograph though! :) Maggie