• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pitkäkoski, Finland

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi guys! I hope everyone's fine despite the horrible year of '20! I myself have been absent from this forum and many others due to a work assignment that took me abroad for a while. So, without further ado, here's one from yesterday. I should be colder up here this time of the year, but at least there is some snow.

James Lemon

You folks make good winter tires !! Where did the color come from in the water stream is it the lighting?

Jarmo Juntunen

You folks make good winter tires !! Where did the color come from in the water stream is it the lighting?
Hi James, good to hear from you! I hope you and your close ones are well. Well, we better make them good with our climate, right :)? That brownish colour is very typical for waters in Finland. It`s humus, a mixture of woodland residues and peat, quite discusting looking but harmless. An hour later I used that same water for coffee:

James Lemon

Hi James, good to hear from you! I hope you and your close ones are well. Well, we better make them good with our climate, right :)? That brownish colour is very typical for waters in Finland. It`s humus, a mixture of woodland residues and peat, quite discusting looking but harmless. An hour later I used that same water for coffee:

This is a very interesting coffee mug must work for hot chocolate too!

Jarmo Juntunen

I believe it`s called a birch burl. It is essencially a deformation on a tree trunk, but the ones in a birch are considered to have some value. They are used widely in Nordic handicraft to make very pricy artefacts. Here`s what the Great Internet`s got to say about it:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was thinking, “How useful to have Nordic cups one can keep hot like that!”

A silicon-based tree could do that!

Asher