• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portes de Paris

Wendy Thurman

It's been a while since I have posted anything- life just gets in the way at times. I was in Paris last week and while I have the requisite tourist photos, I got very interested in the doors of Paris. Here are three I'd like to share:

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0694bw.jpg

I need to do some post-processing on several other images I like and hope to have them up soon.

New work opportunities may send me to Africa and I am looking forward to that. Meanwhile, Paris remains a focus!

Wendy

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, Wendy,

What a delight to see your work again! First I always worry about your safety. Reporters like you are so brave and your remind me of a Capa but gentler. I have not seen any battle pictures but perhaps you are kept from that?

You have opened a special category. We do have a Theme dedicated to Doors! Handsome, beautiful, decayed, prison or palace, even stolen! and I'll copy one of these pictures with a link back to here.

The doors of paris are as varied as flowers in the wild! However, no where do we see such a large variety within easy reach, one after the other to everyday traffic and hustle and bustle.

I will have to look through mine and see if I can add to this. If you, Cedric, Nicolas or anyone else know of the background, that would be interesting to add.

Asher

Wendy Thurman

Asher-

Not a day goes by that I don't have a pang of guilt over not providing more images. Things are getting a bit sketchy here in the International Zone as security has been handed over to the Iraqis and it is no longer a good idea to wander around fearlessly. But yes, I am still in one piece and have opportunities in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Africa but the African experience (which I have not had) appeals greatly. We'll see where circumstance and opportunity takes me. I've some ideas about some new pictures here in Iraq but it's always such a gamble- photography is forbidden in the most interesting places I have access to so I have to be careful.

I have more doors- I need to work with the RAW images a bit. Everything I shot in Paris was done with the Nikon D-700 and the 24-70/f2.8. Heavy rig and some days I just didn't want to carry it! Anyway, I'll put some time into the images and get them up.

Thanks,

Wendy