• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!
Reincarnated is from my The Beauty Within collection and was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. Sometimes we have to give nature a little help. I found some gladiolus flat on the ground. They were WAY too pretty for such a sad ending, so I picked them up and supported them with a plamp.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece (and one other) can be read here: Reincarnated

SD17_0324.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is a great find and a good rescue from oblivion. Is this the Native color?

My wife dreads me to “find” things strewn on the ground! I bring them home anyway.

Having a Plano is good. Do you carry a stand for it too!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Steven nothing sad. They get old , fall to the ground and in time are reintroduced to the soil as nitrogen. Really quite a happy ending. It's a lovely image. I cropped a bit off the top by scrolling and found an even nicer image.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
0eter,

I also scrolled up to crop the top edge and it does get even more compelling.

Amazing that we are permitted to do this without permission!

Asher

This is a great find and a good rescue from oblivion. Is this the Native color?

My wife dreads me to “find” things strewn on the ground! I bring them home anyway.

Having a Plano is good. Do you carry a stand for it too!

Asher
Steven nothing sad. They get old , fall to the ground and in time are reintroduced to the soil as nitrogen. Really quite a happy ending. It's a lovely image. I cropped a bit off the top by scrolling and found an even nicer image.

Thank you both for looking and commenting. :)

Asher,
Yes, that is the native color. I couldn't resist. Not sure what a plano is?? I do, however, carry two Plamps and an extra tripod they are attached to.

Peter,
I hadn't considered that they were just returning back to the ground. From that perspective, I whole heartedly agree - it's not a bit sad. ?