• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rest above, play below

At a very up-market shopping complex (artificially so), late on a Saturday afternoon, my eye was caught by a group of workers / cleaners that sat on the upper level, juxtaposed by a bottom-level play-arcade for kids, with a very impatient woman in diagonal opposition to the tired workers above. Just wanted to share:

17082435359_7a2a6f94df_o.jpg

Rest above, play below
(Nikon Df, AI-s Nikkor 28mm f/2.8)

Processed with the open-source darktable RAW developer, on Arch Linux.

Sam Hames

Wow.

This is wonderfully seen and processed.

At first I wondered if it was a little bottom heavy - but my eyes keep wandering up to the upper level, so I think I have to say it's very nicely anchored :)

Thanks for sharing.

At first I, too, thought it a bit bottom-heavy, but a bit of burning in at the top seemed to balance it out nicely. As a bonus, the stairs keep on leading one's eyes naturally to the top - without which the balance would have been very different.

I'm glad you like it, Sam. It's very much in keeping with the theme of my work being exhibited at Photo Contemporary this coming week (May 1-3, 2015).