• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Right place, right time

Jim Olson

I was out shooting some pictures & thought I should go home & make breakfast when I turn in to my neighborhood & this owl flew across the street in front of my car.
BV6A5988 (3)-SharpenAI-Motion (1).jpg

Jim Olson

Amazing good fortune and reflexes! Shot through the car window or you pulled over?

Was this with your new 100-400 lens?

Asher
I don't have a new 100-400mm, 😂 just the one I've been using now for some time but I did shot a couple of shoots through the car window then very quietly got out and got this shot, so yes I pulled over😂

Jim Olson

But... I did break down and buy a new Canon R7... I got it and the EF-EOS R adapter yesterday and this shot I took this morning through our front window
664A0078 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

Can you identify the bird?

It’s beautiful. Is this with the R7?

Do you see anything better in the focus compared to the 7D II?

Asher

Jim Olson

My Canon R7 is amazing... I has a setting for pano. This is right out of the camera but I had to resize it 2 times.
It 45 MB then 4.4 MB now 1.07 MB
664A0122 resized again.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
06A830C7-7A57-4501-9823-052E2B9A5885.jpeg

What a wonderful bird. This is the first time I have seen a flicker. I didn’t realize that “Flicker” was the name of the bird! It’s a woodpecker and most handsome!

Asher