• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Road Art: pavement, walls anything unusually artistic by chance or intent!

Michael Nagel

Asher

The heading refers to .
walls anything unusually artistic by chance or intent!
As you are speaking louder:

The title says Road Art.

Why do I have a hard time imagining a road through your living room or garage?

Usually title and heading serve both as definition.

Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

Isn’t there a movie poster like that with bicycle flying in the night sky?

Michael Bagel: “Hell’s Moms”

Was that movie, “Mary Poppins” or was it something else?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

These are stunning and the artist are talented but presumably different people.

I have so much delight that this second one is in the street, not hidden and so bright, well detailed, full of definition and complete form that gives a sense of rebellion and demands for renewal!

Here the artist seems like a Biblical Prophet, awakening the people to action and redemption from bliss!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Great talent, captured here, Jérôme!

I wouldn’t have thought to look at the photograph in larger size without your remark that it’s 3 dimensional.

I hope you don’t mind but I have enlarged the center to more easily show the surprisingly “everyday elements” of the impressive sculpture!

Jerome Marot: Street 3D Art Photograph
Center from post # 1 above enlarged

Very cleverly fabricated. What are the whiskers made of? Do you think it’s a metal likecaluminum or did tgecdobit out of plywood or even fiberglass?

Asher

Jerome Marot

The whiskers look like reused material. They have square ondulations, like corrugated metal or plastic used in roofing. You can see a bit better on the picture below:

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

That’s helpful.

Yes, indeed! They do appear to be cut from this kind of galvanized steel sheet with right-angled corrugations used for floors in buildings with steel or concrete columns.

So the work you show is exceptionally well fabricated. The artist has a great sense of 3D space!

Fabulous catch on your part. Is this near your usual haunts? Try to find out the creators identity. This is really worth following!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Michael,

You got me to look up these really unusual German titles. So interesting, “soaring”, “dreamland”, split or some other “personality challenge” and then two English titles.

Can you explain any relationship between the titles and the content in the first 3 pictures!

This set of works deserves a short seminar!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Michael,

The first two are of similar sequential changing block image designs. Do you recognize any hints of meaning or relevance?

This one has no suggestion of dreariness! Is this merely decorative? Likely not!

This next painting has once again a spiritual title of soaring, buy this is something very founded.

Does on have to know the artists previous work or some famous opera or philosophers work to “get it”?

Asher Kelman

This next pick of your pictures is remarkable for its great simple idea and remarkable execution with aplomb.

I wonder whether it’s an attempt at a moral declaration which would posit that war itself is a nihilistic as universal death.

I can think that killing the right person might prevent a massive war, if we only knew how history would unfold. The Iranian “General” assassinated by Trump, was perhaps in itself an act of war and yet might have prevented a war.

I don’t think War= Death.

We could say that Life death too!

These statements are worth contemplating if they make us use war only as a last resort.

Asher

Michael Nagel

I wonder whether it’s an attempt at a moral declaration which would posit that war itself is a nihilistic as universal death.
War usually means death for those who are fighting it in first place. See it as a fact. There is no moral or political message to this except yours.

Michael

Asher Kelman

War usually means death for those who are fighting it in first place. See it as a fact. There is no moral or political message to this except yours.

Michael
Michael,

Isn’t “War = Death” already an ethical value statement?

After all that’s what the = symbol means! It translates concepts each of which is described by layers of metaphors.

Asher