• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Scented candles review.

Jerome Marot

A somewhat lighter post today. It is possible to build a scientific study on a shoestring, when one finds a way. Kate Petrova noticed that the reviews of scented candles on Amazon went down at the beginning of this year. Could it be the effect of covid-19, taking into account that one of the symptoms is a sudden loss of the sense of smell?

More on this twitter thread:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Brilliant! Likely they are also trying to comprehend how a fellow who couldn’t possibly have gotten any votes, is about to displace their occupant of the white House too.

Good think his aides got the virus so his 3 week old fermenting diaper didn’t hurt their nostrils so much!

Asher

Jerome Marot

This was not about US politics and I would prefer to keep it that way.

This is about how to determine what percentage of the population has that particular symptom. That particular study does not go that far, but it seems to indicate that the percentage is quite high, possibly far higher than tests alone show.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This was not about US politics and I would prefer to keep it that way.

This is about how to determine what percentage of the population has that particular symptom. That particular study does not go that far, but it seems to indicate that the percentage is quite high, possibly far higher than tests alone show.
You are right!

There might be similar observations with other scented products!

Asher

Alex Johnson

You are right!

There might be similar observations with other scented products!

Asher

Well, if COVID is sick, the first thing you won't hear is the smell of coffee in the morning. Although my wife had it so that she only felt a lack of tastes at lunchtime, although in the morning everything was fine. In general, this is a very insidious disease that can appear unexpectedly at any time. You need to be very careful not to miss the first signs of the disease.