• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Several shining 'bulbs'.

Evgeniya Korneeva

"Several light bulbs."

This is a photo of acorns. I took this photo using a Nikon D7100, converted full-spectrum camera. The filter on the lens is Schott RG715.
For lighting - I used several different LEDs, that hung around.
Photo taken in the infrared, in total darkness.
So, I wanted to get a 'glow effect' for whole acorns in darkness, while the soft-green part of acorns has more glow.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yevgenya,

Itself is already beautifully sounding name with poetics and texture.

So your presence is a pleasure for us, just one arrival!

In addition, your very first picture, suggests we are in for a series of treats!

The use of cameras modified to get selective access to different light frequencies is of great interest here. For example:

Dr Klaus Schmitt is a well know academic unraveling the views insects have of our world.

Jim Collum, a master with large format, scanning backs, infra red and alternative process currently photographs plants with in the infrared.

Bob Friedman makes great IR landscapes!

....and there is much more to discover here.

Your work with acorns is also unique and so adds much more that the one picture, as fascinating as it is.

I hope you will visit, enjoy and give feedback on these workers too! Thanks for your important and creative contribution.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"Several light bulbs."

This is a photo of acorns. I took this photo using a Nikon D7100, converted full-spectrum camera. The filter on the lens is Schott RG715.
For lighting - I used several different LEDs, that hung around.
Photo taken in the infrared, in total darkness.
So, I wanted to get a 'glow effect' for whole acorns in darkness, while the soft-green part of acorns has more glow.
it seems the acorns are traveling minstrels are performing for us!

Made me return for another long look!

Asher